Oct 25, 2013 · 8:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Please Note: Read the directions carefully below BEFORE you RSVP 'Yes' for this event:
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) You MUST prepurchase your tickets for this event BEFORE you rRSVP 'Yes' for this event.
Tickets cost $15 each person and can be purchased online here: http://tinyurl.com/pioneervoices
Make sure to get tickets for the the Friday, October 25th, 7 PM show.
3) When you arrive at the venue, call me at:[masked]-4099. Do not text me.
4) Arrive on time because this is a scheduled show. I will leave around 9 PM to head out to my next event but you are welcome to linger longer if they permit you to do so.
5) Here is a video to give you a better idea of what to expect:
For Halloween/Day of the Dead celebrations I'm hosting 2 cemetery tours, this being one of them. So come join me in Sylmar for a living history tour of Pioneer Cemetery!
From their website:
"Historical Re-enactments and Phantasmagorical Installations.
A fund-raiser to restore tombstones and preserve history.
The Pioneer cemetery became a historical landmark in 1961 but dates back to the late 1800's. Located in Sylmar, CA it is the second oldest cemetery in the San Fernando Valley. Within its grounds lie the remains of individuals who have their own histories to tell, from veterans of several wars to helpless infants, from victims of disease or natural disasters to those who simply had no where else to rest. However in the 60's and 70's vandalism became a huge problem for the cemetery and it's physical structures with many tombstones stolen, broken, or defaced. The cemetery's story is a fascinating one. Won't you help us put the cemetery into its proper historical context?"