Please Note: Read the directions below BEFORE you RSVP 'yes' for this event.
1) This is a 3 part event, but you can participate in it a la carte style - meaning you can just attend the 1st tour, lunch, or the 2nd tour, or any combination of the 3. Just let me know which portion of the event you are planning to participate in when you sign up.
2) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
3) When you arrive at any of the venues for either the tour or lunch, call me at:[masked]-4099. Do not text me.
4) I will arrange for a carpool that will meet at 9:30 AM. The carpool site address is: 16633 Magnolia Blvd., Encino, CA 91406. Look for me on the corner where Magnolia Blvd. and Rubio Street intersect. Park on Rubio street. If you carpool, please give your designated driver $5 in CA$H to reimburse for gas and car maintenance.
5) The first tour starts at 10 AM in Chatsworth. We will then have lunch at Southern Kitchen-Les Sisters an Noon. Then we will go on our 2nd tour in Studio City at 2 PM.
6) The tours are FREE but you still need to sign up online through Found LA to get your tickets because they can run out of space.
7) For the 10 AM Tour in Chatsworth, use this link:
8) For the 2 PM tour in Studio city, use this link: http://foundla2013radfordartwalk-eorg.eventbrite.com/
9) If you attend the lunch portion, then bring at least $20 in CA$H to pay for your meal.
The days are getting cooler, so you will start seeing me host more events again in 'hot' places like the San Fernando Valley and the dessert. Found LA is hosting several tours around LA County on October 20th. I have decided to go on two of their tours in the San Fernando Valley, and have lunch at Southern Kitchen-Les Sisters in between the tours. So come join me in the SFV to learn more about history, art and enjoy Southern cuisine!
More info on the 10 AM Chatsworth Tour:
The Homestead Acre houses the Chatsworth Historical Society, the Chatsworth Museum, the Frank H. Schepler, Jr. Memorial Library and the Hill-Palmer Homestead Cottage. The Hill-Palmer Cottage is the only remaining homestead cottage in the San Fernando Valley. The tour will be lead by Elaine Campbell, longtime member and docent of the Chatsworth Historic Society, as well as Chatsworth resident. She will guide tour participants through the homestead, the gardens, and memorabilia from the estate of the Duke of Devonshire. The homestead is typically open only once a month, but Elain has graciously opened the doors so we can find LA!
More info on lunch at Southern Kitchen Les Sisters: http://www.yelp.com/biz/southern-kitchen-les-sisters-chatsworth#query:two%20sisters
About: If you love soul food and you like your southern dishes cooked right, you've got to stop in Les Sisters' Southern Kitchen. You'll find such tasty entrees as Smothered Pork Chops, Jambalaya and Hush Puppies. The Barbecued Ribs and the El Paso meatloaf are other favorites. The delicious Buttermilk Pie on the menu can't even be found anywhere else in this part of the country. Alcohol is not served here.
Categories: Cajun Restaurants, Steak Houses, Restaurants, Seafood Restaurants
Menu: Bayou Sandwiches|Seafood Gala|Shrimp Combo (12)|Fried Shrimp Plate (8)|Smothered Pork Chops|Southern Onions Or Hush Pups|Smothered Chicken|Catfish N' Hush Puppies|Hot Pups|Hot Links (2) Or Bowl O' Chowder|Popcorn Shrimp|Cup O' Gumbo Or Fried Oysters|Cajun Popcorn|12 Chicken Or Sliced Smoked Beef|Charbequed Fresh Fish|Spare Ribs 12 Slab|Baby Back 12 Slab|Full Slab|Barbied Shrimp (8)|Honey Glazed Pork Chops|Two-meat Combo|Rib Combo|Hot Links Or Snapper|Famous 4 Piece Fried Chicken|Sweet Potato Pie|Danas Famous Buttermilk Pie|Rodas Bourbon Bread Puddin|Claras Peach Cobbler|(regular Or Cajun)|Fries|Macaroni & Cheese|Garden Salad|Potato Salad|Collard Greens|Candied Yams|Red Beans & Rice|Black-eyed Peas & Rice|Bbq Beans|Creamy Slaw|Cup O Chowder Or Spicy Rice|Corn Muffins, Grilled French Bread (2)|File Gumbo|Shrimp Or Crawfish Jambalaya|Crawfish Etouffe|Chicken Jambalaya|Shrimp Creole|Chicken Creole
More info on the 2 PM Studio City Tour:
All the sculptures, including the seating area, are the creation of long-time Studio City resident Karl Johnson. Each of the sculptures tells a story which is certainly up to the observer to change, challenge or embellish upon. The Radford Art Walk is a quarter mile in length with 15 sculptures. Tour conducted by artist, Karl Johnson. Learn more about the Artwalk here: http://radfordartwalk.org/