Please Note: Read the directions carefully below BEFORE RSVPing 'Yes' for this event.
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) This event is 2 parts that are a la carte, meaning you don't have attend one part to attend the other. You choose which one you want to participate in.
3) The first part involves dinner at Cemitas La China Poblana. Cemitas are Mexican style sandwiches.
Bring about $20 in CA$H to settle your portion of the bill.
4) The 2nd part involves going to the Linda Vista Hospital site to see the Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre perform at this haunted site used for filming. The place is soon going to be to be gentrified and turned into a nursing home, so the dance company has decided to do a farewell performance at the site.
Tickets cost $25 per person and must be purchased online here: https://heididuckler.secure.force.com/ticket/#sections_a0Fi[masked]ydyrEAA
5) When you arrive at either location, call me at:[masked]-4099. Do not text me.
For over 7 years now, I have separately been wanting to visit the Linda Vista Hospital and see a performance by the Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre. I was beginning to think I would never visit the Linda Vista Hospital because I read it will be turned into a nursing home soon. So imagine to my delight when i found out that the Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre decided to do a farewell dance at the Lind Vista Hospital. So I get to see both at the same time! We will have dinner at Cemitas La China Poblana before the show since it has a good reputation and is nearby the hospital. Come join me at the haunted Linda Vista Hospital for this special performance.
Part 1: Dinner at Cemitas La China Poblana at 6:30 PM
The menu at Cemitas La China Poblana: http://lachinapoblana.com/Menu_Men_.html
Yelp reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/cemitas-la-china-poblana-los-angeles
Part 2: Grounds Keepers dance performance at Linda Vista Hospital
610 S St Louis St
Los Angeles, CA 90023
From the Heidi Duckler website
"With lasting architecture and a rich history dotted with medical care, transit development, and film production, Linda Vista Hospital houses stories of recovery and transformation. Through Grounds Keepers, Artistic Director Heidi Duckler will create a traveling multimedia performance that will animate the environs of the hospital building including the outdoor fire escape staircase, entry-way, chapel, boiler room, and outdoor parking lot wall. The audience will encounter moving murals along the way inspired by the architecture of the facility, the history of the hospital, and East Los Angeles’ future."
For more pics of the haunted Linda Vista Hospital, check this out: http://pixeletry.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/linda-vista-the-abandoned-hospital-tour/