Please Note: Read the directions carefully BELOW before you RSVP 'Yes' for this event.
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) There is a $400 for 4 people minimum for this tour. So if you split the cost, then that's $100 per person. Any number of additional guests afterward costs $100 more per person.
3) If you send me prepayment by PayPal, then its $105 because of their 5% transaction fees.
Send the payment to PayPal using [masked]
If you mail in by check, then use: Attn: Robert Hemedes, P.O. 1180, Culver City, CA 90232
Make the check out to Robert Hemedes
4) There will be no refund past December 11th. So the cut off for refunds is December 11th. So only be 100% sure you plan to attend because after December 11th, I will not care if some unforeseen circumstance happens that prevents you from attending the event. I have to prepay Magic Jungle in advance to make the reservation and I am not going to cover for anyone's fees if they are not able to go.
5) The tour lasts for 2 hours and they will provide us lunch because there are no restaurants in the area. Of course, since we are foodies, I encourage you to bring supplemental food and beverages to make it a more memorable meal.
6) I am arranging for a carpool that will leave LA at 8 AM or 9 AM, because it will be a 2 hour drive to Lucerne Valley. We will carpool from the LA Zoo Parking Lot.
Make sure to give your designated driver at least $20 in CA$H to compensate for gas and car maintenance.
There is no time to eat breakfast before the tour, so make sure to pack snacks and beverages for breakfast.
7) If you carpool, keep in mind that I will not be returning to the LA area until closer to 7 PM because I have other points of interest to visitor even another separate tour scheduled afterward.
The Magic Jungle Big Cat Tour which is located in the high desert, about an hour away from Palm Springs. This tour is very different from the 2 other Big Cat tours I have done in prior years because 1) It costs $100 per person. And 2) the cats are not in cages when we see them. Yes, NO CAGES.
So if you love to take photos, this will be a great photography tour.
So we will get up close to the big cats and be able to take a lot better photos of them, hence the heftier price tag.
It will take between 2 to 3 hours to reach Lucerne Valley where Magic Jungle is located. We will leave LA at 8 AM or 9 AM and arrive at the conservancy around 11 AM for the 2 hour tour.
They said Winter is the best time to visit because During March and on, the high winds and dust storms make it difficult to enjoy seeing the animals.
Here is a link to see photos of the animals: http://themagicjungleinc.org/photo.html
Here is a link to a video of the place: http://themagicjungleinc.org/video.html
I need to send them the payment by mid November to lock onto the tour date because Saturdays tend to be booked ahead of time, and they don't mix different tour groups together. Meaning if we go, it would only be us going that day and seeing the big cats.
No children are allowed on this trip for safety reasons - Big Cats see children as prey.