Please note: Read the directions carefully below BEFORE you RSVP 'Yes' for this event.
1) I am hosting this for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) I am arranging for a carpool at the parking lot of Macy's in the Westfield Fashion Square Mall on 14000 Riverside Drive in Sherman Oaks. The carpool will leave at 11 AM. If you carpool, please note that we will have multiple stops throughout the day and we probably won't be back in LA until 8 pm or 9 pm.
3) If you carpool, please give your driver at least $30 in CA$H to compensate for gas and car maintenance.
4) Bring about $30 in CA$H for lunch and you might end up wanting to buy some mementos during our day trip as well.
5) You will need to buy tickets in advance for the Victorian XMas dinner and celebration at the Fullerton Arboretum: http://www.fullertonarboretum.com/Special-Events-/
Make sure to select the Saturday, December 7th ticket at 5:45 PM!
6) If you drive on your own, call me when you arrive at the Edward-Dean Museum at[masked]-4099. Do not text me!
December 7th was a difficult day for me to decide what XMas related activities to attend in SoCal because there were so many to choose from. I decided to go with the Victorian themed XMas celebrations, because they are my favorite genre for celebrating XMas. The 1st Stop involves visiting the Edward-Dean Museum in Cherry Valley for their Dickens Festival and Steampunk exhibit. We will have lunch in the area before heading to The OC to visit the Fullerton Arboretum to experience a Victorian XMas dinner and celebration at the Heritage House!
First Stop: Edward-Dean Museum & Gardens
The Edward-Dean Museum & Gardens opened in 1958 and was founded by Edward Eberle and Dean Stout. The museum features late 16th to early 19th century European & Asian Decorative Arts. Dean Stout designed the interior spaces of the museum to create a home-like atmosphere with the intent to share with the visitor a first-hand experience of the ambiance of the time period. The museum and its 16-acre campus originally came under the County in 1964.
Second and Final Stop: Fullerton Arboretum at 1900 Associated Rd.
Fullerton, CA 92831
Moonlight & Mistletoe
Victorian Christmas Traditions
December 7th & 8th - 6pm
(Please arrive by 5:45.)
Begin the Christmas holiday season as twilight falls on a December evening in the tranquil setting of the Fullerton Arboretum.
Watch as costumed Victorians reveal the stories behind the many traditions that have become a part of the season’s celebrations.
Enjoy a full evening’s entertainment as you partake of hors d’oeuvres and wine.
Join in songs and laughter; listen to Christmas tales and short stories; meet Father Christmas and “the missus” and dance the Grand March.