Please Note: Read the directions very carefully below BEFORE you RSVP 'Yes' for this event.
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) This event takes place in Julian and Borrego Springs and will take place on the weekend of Feb 22nd and 23rd. So we will go down to Julian on Saturday and return to LA on Sunday. You can return sooner if you want, but make sure you have transportation to do so.
3) Because its an overnight stay, you will need to book a hotel room. I will be staying at Ramona Valley Inn. They have room rates between $68 and $78.
Their phone number is: (760)[masked]
I wanted to stay at a hotel in either Julian or Borrego Springs but both of those towns the hotels required 2 night minimum stays and the room rates were around $200 each night. So hell no!
Just remember its always easier to make a hotel reservation NOW and then cancel afterward, rather than waiting last minute and trying to make a hotel reservation then.
4) I will arrange for a carpool that will depart from the B of A parking lot located at: 11501 Santa Monica Blvd, West Los Angeles, CA 90025. We will be leaving at 8 AM SHARP.
If you are parking your car, I suggest parking your car about a block North of the B of A in the residential area.
Please note I will be arranging for a carpool but you won't necessarily be able to ride in the same car as I will because I am bringing along my 2 small dogs for this weekend adventure.
I recommend giving your designated driver at least $40 in CA$H for gas and car maintenance.
5) I don't have the final list of restaurants we will be visiting for lunch and dinner, but for sure we will have apple pie in Julian.
6) The cost for admission to the CA Wolf Center is $20 per person but you MUST prepay me for the tour, because the reservation will be under my name. This is not a place where you can just walk in - they only do advance reservations. I am charging a $1 extra for PayPal transaction fees.
If you use PayPal, send $21.00 to [masked] (please note is aol address)
Or you can also mail me your check payment of $20 to:
P.O. Box 1180
Culver City, CA 90232
Day 1: Julian
We will have have a quick breakfast in The OC before going to our hotel in Ramona to check in. If there's time before 1:30 PM, we can have a more leisurely meal at Julian before heading to the Wolf Center to the tour. If not, then we will have a meal in Julian after the wolf tour and visit other points of interest around town before heading back to the hotel in Ramona to end the day and rest.
From the CA Wolf Center website:
"Check in time is half an hour before the scheduled start time. As a courtesy to other guests, late arrivals will not be admitted.
The tour starts at 2 PM.
Check in time is half an hour before the scheduled start time. As a courtesy to other guests, late arrivals will not be admitted.
Program includes an educational presentation and guided observation of two packs of wolves, plus a 5x7” photo of one of our wolves.
From Points North Take CA-78 toward Julian. Follow all signs to stay on CA-78. In the town of Julian, turn right on Main St.Turn right onto CA-79 S (Highway 79 South, between the gas station and the post office). Head south for approximately 4 miles.Turn left onto K Q Ranch Road.Go approximately 0.25 miles on K Q Ranch Road. Turn right onto the dirt road (Kenis/ Christiansen Private Road). Wait at the California Wolf Center sign for an escort. Do not proceed on the dirt road without an escort."
We could either have breakfast in Ramona or Julian, before heading to Borrego Springs to check out all the wonderful iron sculptures: http://www.desertusa.com/borrego/bs-art.html
And if the group still has energy left, we can visit Anza Borrego State Park, the largest state park in CA before heading back to LA: http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=638