Time flies when you're having fun. It's been a little over year since the inaugural Go Metro Food Crawl. We covered a lot of ground just to dine at restaurants along Metro route and we ate well too. With another 80-hour 405 Freeway closure this President's Day weekend, I say that we take advantage of the no-drive opportunity for yet another unique food crawl and urban exploration around Los Angeles.
Our Game Plan:
Walking distance from the Pershing Square Metro Station is Grand Central Market where our first course will be eggs. Our next stop is East Los Angeles for tamales. Our third course is in Little Tokyo for some sort of Japanese street food. Then our final destination is Koreatown for a frozen dessert. For those of you who have attended my past dining events...please trust my knowledge of restaurants as you won't be disappointed. For those of you who have not attended my prior events...You'll soon find out what's in store.
This unique Pleasure Palate event will involve a lot of time, walking, waiting, eating, and recovery from a food coma. It will be a lot of fun. If you plan to join us, make sure you bring your appetite and wear sturdy walking shoes.
Stuff to know:
• This event starts at 9:30AM to take advantage of eating eggs in the morning before the big crowd hits this popular spot.
• I will be collecting $40 cash upfront before we depart to our first dining destination. We will use our group food money to order 1 - 2 items at each restaurant.
• There is no Refunds or Change if you leave this event early. So please plan your schedule to stay with the group for the entire event.
• Bring a little extra cash to pay for your own beverages and a tote bag for shopping. Expect family style dining, lots of fun, conversation, and plenty of urban exploration.
• Whether you eat or not, you are still responsible for paying for the meal.
• This is a camera-friendly dining event. So flash away.
• If you have food allergies or are a picky eater, don't bother to sign up for this event.
• A Metro Tap Card is available for purchase at any Metro Station Tap Card Kiosk. The card itself costs $1, and you will need to load the $5 Day Pass to it.
Please make note of Pleasure Palate Attendance Policies and our 3 Strikes Rule by clicking here before RSVP-ing to this Event. Canceling your RSVP within 24 hours or not showing up at the event without contacting the Organizer or Assistant Organizer of the event ahead of time will result in a strike. With 3 Strikes and You're Out!
LA Metro website: http://www.metro.net/