Please Note: Read the directions carefully BEFORE you RSVP 'Yes' for this event.
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) This is a two part event. We will have brunch at the Inn of the 7th Ray at 9:30 AM. Then we will head over to the Topanga Canyon Gallery to start the Artists' Studio Tour.
3) I am arranging for a carpool that will meet at the Sepulveda Garden Center located at: 16633 Magnolia Blvd · Encino
When you arrive at the Sepulveda Garden center park at the corner of Rubio Avenue and Magnolia Blvd. There are no parking restrictions on Rubio Avenue.
We will be leaving at 9:00 AM Sharp!
4) If you carpool, please give your designated driver $10 in CA$H to compensate for gas and car maintenance.
5) Pre-purchase your $15 tickets for the Studio Tour online here:
6) Bring about $25 in CA$H for brunch at Inn of the 7th Ray.
Last year, PP member Rita informed me about the Artists' Studio Tour in Topanga Canyon, but I was unable to go. Earlier this year I had the opportunity to check out the country bohemian town Topanga and visit the grounds of the Inn of the 7th Ray. Its a gorgeous setting, so I figured why not start the day with brunch there, before exploring all the participating galleries in the area. So come join me for a day as we enjoy the beautiful setting and artistry of Topanga.
First Stop: Inn of the 7th Ray
You can check out their menu here: http://www.innoftheseventhray.com/menu2.html#
This restaurant has been around for about 30 years and was one of the very first restaurants in the LA area to use organic produce and farm to table, before those words became commonly used. I have heard the menu can be hit or miss, but the setting always remains gorgeous. Its iconic in that everyone needs to dine here at least once and say been there, done that.
Second Stop: Topanga Canyon Gallery
120 N. Topanga Canyon Blvd., Suite 109
Topanga, CA 90290
From their website:
"Tour features over 20 studios and 40 artists.
The Topanga Canyon Artists’ Studio Tour provides a rare, intimate view of the artists and their work during the creative process in the most unique and inspiring settings. During the two-day event visitors can explore art studios, learn how art is made, and buy art in a relaxed atmosphere. There will be over 20 art studios to visit on this self-guided tour that begins at Topanga Canyon Gallery Saturday."