October 13, 2012 · 1:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Please Note: Read the instructions carefully below.
1) I am hosting this event for both Pleasure Palate and Gay Foodies.
2) This is a part of a series of events that will take place in San Diego County on the same day. The events are a la carte, meaning you don't have to attend the other events to attend this one.
3) Admission is $18 per person.
4) I have to leave the tour by 4 PM, because I need to be in Carlsbad by 5 PM. You are welcome to stay longer if you want to.
5) This event takes place after the scheduled visit to the Mission in Oceanside and lunch (restaurant TBD).
USS Midway Website: http://www.midway.org/hours-tickets
A few years ago I visited the USS Midway but only toured a portion of it. I now want to return and visit the remainder of the ship because this vehicle is HUGE and there is A LOT to explore and see.
Man and Machine
Imagine experiencing life at sea aboard one of America’s longest-serving aircraft carriers. Visitors to the USS Midway Museum enter a floating city at sea and walk in the footsteps of 225,000 Midway sailors who served our country and upheld the American ideals of strength, freedom and peace.
The USS Midway Museum is an unforgettable adventure for the entire family. Guests can spend the day exploring more than 60 exhibits with a collection of 25 restored aircraft. The self-guided audio tour, narrated by Midway sailors, brings the carrier's history to life. Those who dare can "take to the sky" aboard one of three flight simulators.