PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY: THIS IS A SPECIAL, LIMITED DINING EVENT THAT IS CROSS-POSTED WITH GAY FOODIES. A NON-REFUNDABLE FULL PAYMENT IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT, AS I DO NOT WANT TO BE CHARGED FOR THE FULL COST OF THE DINNER BY ANYONE WHO DROPS OUT FROM THE EVENT. CURRENTLY, THERE ARE A TOTAL OF ONLY "6" AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT. I HAVE REQUESTED A 2ND TABLE, BUT AT THIS TIME, DO NOT KNOW IF I WILL BE OFFERED ONE.
TO RSVP FOR THIS EVENT:
- Please add yourself to the "Wait List."
- Then, make your payment to me via PayPal (www.paypal.com) to [masked] for $68.00 -- a $65.00 non-refundable deposit plus a $3.00 non-refundable PayPal processing fee (Total payment of $68.00) per person.
- Once I am notified that payment has been made, I will change your RSVP from "Wait List" to "I'm Going."
- Your $65.00 deposit will be applied towards your dinner, which also includes a copy of Rocco's book, "Now Eat This! Italian," and Rocco will be available to personally sign the book.
- A refund of $65.00 will be offered should this event be canceled ONLY.
- On the day of the event, please bring at least $80.00 in CASH to settle your portion of the bill (which includes any beverages or wine pairing you may order, tax and 20% gratuity). The Wine Pairing for this dinner costs $30.00. With a party of 6, Test Kitchen may not accept more than 2 credit cards as payment toward our check from each table. The restaurant will NOT seat us unless our entire party has arrived. As such, please be on time!
The team at Test Kitchen is proud to announce Test Kitchen's return with a special kickoff dinner at the former Test Kitchen Townhouse which is now home to Sotto. To pass the torch to this year's Test Kitchen host, Ori Menashe, the Townhouse will host a special Test Kitchen dinner with Rocco DiSpirito on Monday, October 1, with guest chefs, Union Pacific Alums, Josh Dechellis, Neal Fraser and Quinn Hatfield. The Test Kitchen dinner will mark the first time in nearly a decade Rocco has cooked in Los Angeles.
1. Antipasta upon arrival - Crudo of Tuna, Meatballs, Kale Chips, and Grilled Pane Carasau with rosemary & Super Olive Oil
2. Pasta course - Lasagna Bolognese
3. Main course - Black Cod Puttanesca, Served with contorni of Polenta and Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
4. Dessert - Cheesecake, Panna Cotta, Instant Strawberry Italian Ice
5. Espresso/Coffee service served with Pine Nut Cookies
Substitutions and Changes Politely Declined
$65 Prix Fixe Menu + Tax + 20% Service Charge
$30 Optional Wine Pairing
Cocktails by Test Kitchen Resident Mixologists Julian Cox + Josh Goldman (Averaging about $15 each)
ABOUT ROCCO DISPIRITO (From Test Kitchen's Website):
"Rocco DiSpirito is a chef and the author of nine award winning books including the # 1 New York Times bestsellers NOW EAT THIS! And NOW EAT THIS! DIET. Rocco’s NOW EAT THIS! series: features healthy makeovers of America’s favorite comfort foods, from fried chicken to apple pie, all with zero bad carbs, zero bad fats, zero sugar, and maximum flavor. Everything you’ve always loved … well, now you can enjoy it without worrying about what it will do to your waistline. What’s more, every dish weighs in at less than 350 calories.
Chef Rocco DiSpirito is on a mission to change people’s perception of healthy food by making delicious low-fat, low-calorie dishes easily accessible. To that end, he launched the Now Eat This! Truck, which will travel around New York City selling meals created from recipes featured in his wildly successful series of cookbooks of the same name. Each meal will include an entrée under 350 calories as well as a healthy drink and dessert option. Chef DiSpirito will donate 100% of the proceeds to provide a free lunch to a New York City student.
Once a week, during Free Lunch Fridays, Chef DiSpirito will personally visit different city schools to educate the students on the massive benefits of eating healthy foods. As part of that program, he will serve free lunches to the participating students paid for by the generosity of other New Yorkers who buy their lunch from the “Now Eat This Truck.”
In September 2012 Rocco’s Syndicated Show Now Eat This! With Rocco DiSpirito will air in syndication across America. In each episode Rocco will challenge, guide and encourage a family and their children to make healthier lifestyle choices.
Also in September 2012 Rocco will publish his next book in the series: Now Eat This! Italian. Rocco traveled to Italy to learn how to prepare our favorite Italian dishes from the inside the kitchens of the real Mama’s of Italy –all under 350 calories.
Rocco began his culinary studies at the Culinary Institute of America at the age of 16 and by 20 was working in the kitchens of legendary chefs around the globe. He was named Food & Wine Magazine’s Best New Chef and was the first chef to appear on Gourmet Magazine’s cover as America’s Most Exciting Young Chef. His 3 Star Restaurant Union Pacific was a New York City culinary landmark for many years. Ruth Reichl said of her experience at Union Pacific, she “moaned as she ate” in her famous New York Times review. His reality series Rocco’s Dinner Party aired during the summer of 2011 on Bravo."
Parking Options are Valet ($6.50) or Street Parking. If you choose street parking, be sure to read the street signs for any parking restrictions, especially if you are parked at a metered space. We will meet inside the restaurant at 8:15pm to wait to be seated. Our reservation is for 8:30pm. Again, please do not be late. As always, please call or text me if you arrive before I do, or are running a little late, or are lost. Remember, Sotto is located downstairs from Picca.