I am amazed with how easy it is to get from point A to point B using the Los Angeles Metro. After one month of buzzing around town using the Metro, it made sense to have a food crawl to the various ethnic communities throughout the Los Angeles area. Our Go Metro Food Crawl will take us to Thai Town for Noodle Soup, Chinatown for a dumplings and baos, Koreatown for Tofu Soup or BBQ, East Los Angeles for tacos or tamales, and Little Tokyo for coffee and dessert. For those of you who have attended my dining events on Pleasure Palate or LA Foodies in the past, please trust my knowledge of restaurants. For those of you who have not, well, you'll soon find out.
This unique Pleasure Palate event will involve a lot of time, walking, waiting, eating, and recovery from a food coma. So bring cash, purchase your $5 all day metro pass, and don't forget to bring your big appetite to join me in a unique way to dine around Los Angeles.
The Ground rules:
- Update 12/3/12: Please note that this event covers a lot of different areas in Los Angeles. It also involves a lot of time to get from point A to point B and a lot of walking too. We'll be touring around for hours and hours. With this said, I suggest that you check your personal schedule before your RSVP or perhaps change your RSVP to "No" if you are unable to walk for a long period of time or if the the amount of time allotted is too much for you.
- I will be collecting $40 cash upfront before we depart to our first dining destination. We will use our group food money to order one or two dishes at each restaurant.
- Bring a little extra cash to pay for your own beverages and a tote bag for shopping.
- Expect family style dining, lots of fun, conversation, and plenty of urban exploration. Bring your cameras too.
- Whether you eat or not, you are still responsible for paying for the meal.
- There is no Refunds or Change if you leave this event early. So please plan your schedule to stay with the group for the entire event.
- If you have food allergies or are a picky eater, don't bother to sign up for this event.
- Please don't ask me how long this event will be, because I don't know either.
- Please Make Note of Pleasure Palate Attendance Policies and our 3 Strikes Rule by clicking here before RSVP-ing to this Event. Cancelling your RSVP within 24 hours or not showing up at the event without contacting the Organizer ahead of time will result in a strike. 3 Strikes and You're Out!
- Last but not least, a profile photo is required to attend this event.
LA Metro website: http://www.metro.net/
Hope you can join me.