Please Note: Read all the directions carefully below BEFORE signing up for this event.
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) This is the first part of a series of events I am hosting at The OC area for the day. The events are a la carte, meaning you don't have to attend the other events to attend this one.
3) I will be arranging for a carpool for anyone who plans to attend ALL 3 Day Trip to the OC events scheduled that day. There will be a designated carpool site in West LA that we will meet at 9:15 AM before heading down to The OC.
4) If you carpool, please give your designated driver $15 to compensate for gas and car maintenance.
5) Museum Entry Fee is $12 per person
I attended the Wings of Fame Air Show in Chino earlier this year and toured a plane that was flown in from the Lyon Air Museum. I found out the museum is based in Santa Ana near the John Wayne Airport. Naturally, I have to check it out since I enjoy visiting as many aviation museums as possible.
From their website:
Founded by Major General William Lyon, Lyon Air Museum is located on the west side of John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California. Lyon Air Museum is collocated with Martin Aviation, an Air/Lyon Inc. company and award-winning general aviation repair facility established by the famed Eddie Martin back in 1923.
The Lyon Air Museum exhibit is comprised of authentic aircraft, rare vehicles and related memorabilia, with emphasis on the defining event of the 20th century – World War II. Through captivating and thought provoking exhibits based in historical scholarship, visitors gain a better understanding of the important role the United States plays in shaping world history.
Lyon Air Museum Mission
The Mission of Lyon Air Museum is to provide a quality venue of inspiration where the stories of aviation’s past can touch the lives of its visitors through educational exhibits, authentic historical aircraft and related memorabilia.
Lyon Air Museum has on exhibit some of the rarest operational aircraft and vehicles one will find anywhere. Docent led tours take visitors for a walk through history as they stroll among the machines and artifacts that helped define the 20th century.
Directions to Lyon Air Museum:
We are located on the west side Of John Wayne Airport In Orange County, CA
Coming from the North (Los Angeles Area)
405 Freeway South, Exit Bristol South to Baker, about three blocks, and turn left on Baker. Continue East on Baker to the end. Crossing Airway Avenue, Baker becomes Ike Jones Road, which jogs around ROAD CLOSED signs. Follow Ike Jones Road to the end to arrive at Lyon Air Museum.
From 55 Freeway South, Exit Baker and turn left. Continue East on Baker to the end. Crossing Airway Avenue, Baker becomes Ike Jones Road, which jogs around ROAD CLOSED signs. Follow Ike Jones Road to the end to arrive at Lyon Air Museum.