Please Read the directions below carefully BEFORE RSVPing 'Yes' for this event.
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate
2) You MUST prepurchase your tickets in advance in order to RSVP 'Yes' for this event
3) Tickets WILL SELL OUT IN ADVANCE so BUY your tickets NOW!
4) There are only 4 Premier Seating Left offered via Goldstar at $105 plus $12 service charge.
5) If they run out of Premier seats, then buy the Regular seating at $95 plus $11 service charge. This might mean you will end up seating in a different section, but trust me when I say you will still have a great time!
6) I can't guarantee that you will be seated in the same table that I will be in, but I will try to ensure that tables and seats are close to each other as possible.
7) ITS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 9 PM. ARRIVING EARLIER WILL ACTUALLY WORK BETTER IN GETTING A BETTER SEATING ARRANGEMENT.
8) Purchase tickets online here: https://www.goldstar.com/shows/640298/checkout/new
9) Make sure to select the New Year's Eve, 9 PM Dinner/10:30 PM Show.
10) The show runs through 11:45 PM. Afterward they have a countdown to Midnight and then have a party afterward to celebrate which last through 2 PM. You can leave after the show if you want to.
11) A 3 course prixe fixe meal is included with the show.
I have seen all the For Record themed shows to date and their Boogie Nights production is one of their more memorable since its loaded with cheescake and beefcake because the actors recreate scenes from the movie Boogoe Nights. Its hard to describe this dinner and show event because its a fully immersive experience. Let's just say that if you love broadway musicals in an intimate environment, then you will be AMAZED by this show. I am one of the most jaded and cynical people when it comes to entertainment since I've been there, done that, but the For the Record Series held at Rockwell are soooo good that i end up keeping come back to see there shows again and again. I have yet to meet someone who accompanied me to a show and tell me afterward that they didn't enjoy the experience. More likely than not, they end up returning to see another show. So come join me to celebrate the coming of 2013 Boogie Nights style!!!
This is a video from one of the scenes that I saw of their Boogie Nights show earlier this summer. It does not do justice to the full effect of being there live, close to the actors performing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cndOA3s6UZU
From their website:
"Take a trip back to the glory days of disco as Rockwell: Table & Stage is transformed into Studio 54 this New Year's Eve. Begin your evening by enjoying a three-course prix fixe dinner designed by chefs Wayne Elias and Martin Gonzalez followed by a performance of the acclaimed For the Record show, Boogie Nights, featuring scenes and songs from the famous Paul Thomas Anderson film. Finally the evening caps off in Studio 54 itself, as the entire Rockwell: Table & Stage space is magically transformed into the famous and infamous Studio 54 for a raucous after-party.
Your ticket includes a 3-course pre-fixe dinner, a ticket to For the Record: Boogie Nights, admittance to the Studio 54-themed after-party and a complimentary champagne-toast at midnight. A second-floor VIP lounge will also be decked in Studio 54 decor, and will feature a dessert buffet and '70s/'80s-inspired DJs all night long."