Pleasure Palate is a social organization for adults 21 and over. While Pleasure Palate's purpose is to provide fun and interesting events for its members, we expect all members to behave responsibly and to treat their fellow members with respect. When attending Pleasure Palate events, members and their guests must agree to the following conditions.
1. A profile pic is optional for events taking place in a public space unless an Organizer specifically requests that a photo be required. However, photos are required if the event takes place at a private residence. The picture should be solo, recognizable and current and preferably a head shot. No illustrations or sketches. Only clear photographs should be used. This will help the Organizer recognize you at the event and allow you to recognize the Organizer as well as the other attendees.
2. Pleasure Palate Members need to be financially responsible to pay their share towards either a meal or other Pleasure Palate event. Please make sure that before arriving at the event, you have the necessary funds to take care of your part of the bill to avoid causing embarrassment for yourself, for the Organizer and the rest of your party.
3. Members will not change and/or impede the planning or set up of an Organizer's event and they must also abide by the guidelines as set up by the Organizer for said event.
4. Members and their guests should be 21 and over. If an organizer's event isn't noted as being Young Adult and/or Kid-Friendly in their write-up, than the organizer prefers a kid-free event and that should be respected. Of course, if you do see that Young Adult and/or Kid-Friendly designation in an event write-up, then your kids are definitely welcome to attend.
5. Members will be on time or arrive within 10 to 15 minutes after the event start, at the Event Organizer's discretion. If you're later than 15 minutes, please call the Event Organizer so that they can let you know whether your late arrival is going to be an issue for the group or not. Habitual tardiness of 30 minutes or more could result in your RSVP no longer being accepted to events until an improvement has been seen.
6. Please note that no walk-ins are allowed to the event unless specified by the Organizer that it's okay to do so, especially for those events that require reservations. This is not acceptable behavior because first, it puts the Organizer on the spot and they feel forced to try and include you even if they have set reservations already for a certain number of people and everyone is already in attendance.
Second, it is potentially upsetting to the members already in attendance because the meal may be delayed due to seating that may have to be rearranged to accommodate an extra person who isn't even supposed to be there in the first place.
Finally, it isn't fair to members who may have been on the waiting list to this event, but whose RSVP didn't get accepted due to the event being full.
7. Members will be polite and courteous to others, whether it's in person at PP events or responding virtually via the PP Meetup Page. That includes making comments or replying to comments made by other members on our Event Pages, our Photo Section, our Message Board as well as our Member Profiles.
8. Members will agree that Pleasure Palate is a group where individuals who share a passion for food and all things culinary can get together for purposes of friendship and community. Pleasure Palate is not a singles group and as such, members will agree to use Pleasure Palate solely as a means to meet like-minded individuals in the spirit of friendship.
9. Members will agree not to engage in any type of solicitation (e.g. product sales, services or promotions) either online or in person at PP events. Feel free to tell other members what you do for a living, but keep it within the context of a social gathering.
10. Members will not pass out flyers, promotional products or pamphlets of any kind.
11. Members will not gather people's email addresses for the purpose of sales, promotion or recruitment for organizations or multi-level-marketing companies.
12. Members will be polite and courteous in both their verbal or written communications regarding PP business.
13. A RSVP is a commitment to be at an event. Members will make every effort to attend events they have RSVPed to and to be on time (or even earlier) and to cancel in a timely manner any RSVPs they cannot meet.
14. Only authorized PP personnel will represent the interests of the organization. Members will not claim to represent PP in any official capacity unless specifically empowered to do so by the PP Founder.
15. Follow the laws. Members are expected to follow all Federal, State and local laws while attending PP events.
In rare instances, individuals may be asked to leave the club. Members may be removed at the sole discretion of the PP Founder. Members may be removed for any reason, but are generally removed for repeated violations of the member guidelines. Members may ask to re-join the group after a period of 90 days, but it will be at the sole discretion of the PP Founder as to whether or not that request will be granted.