The Greater Austin Project Management Meetup Message Board › It's Time for the greater Austin project Managers to Meet

It's Time for the greater Austin project Managers to Meet

A former member
Austin area PMs & others who are interested in Project Management:

I joined early this year for the purpose of networking with other PMs here in Austin. Out of state project work for the past several years has left me knowing virtually no one in the business in Austin. It was disappointing to see that this group has not met in very long time.
I propose that we meet next week one evening at a location that is conducive for members to informally discuss what each is doing, what business is hot and what is not. There are two other effective PM groups here in Austin, the KickassPM - A Digital PM Meetup in Austin and the PMI Austin Chapter. It is likely that many of you have attended each of these active groups that include formal presentations on topical items. Initially we should focus on networking initially, and see how many persons show up.
Can any of you recommend a location where we can meet some weekday evening where it is quiet enough for a group to have an informal discussion while enjoying an adult beverage and perhaps some food? Many locations that initially come to mind are quite noisy, and networking will be difficult. Email me with your suggestions for next week and a meeting will set up.
When and if we have a critical mass for this group then this group should select a permanent Meetup Organizer. With 7 days left for a group with over 100 members I thought that temporarily stepping up was warranted. I look forward to meeting many of you next week.

John Chapman, PMP
Candace
user 9485567
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
A quiet place...that's kind of hard. I feel like the inside of the Gibson Bar is not that loud and not that crowded during happy hour, but sometimes they have events that get busy, like bingo or trivia.