Are you passionate about being active? Do you get involved in social or political activities? Do you want to reinforce your leadership competences? Do you want to find out how to act more effectively for the interests of Polish diaspora in USA and Poland? We invite you to apply for participation in the Leadership Training in New York!!
The Leadership Training in New York is addressed to those who live in USA and who undertake activities for Poland and Polish Community Abroad in their professional or social work, reacting to challenges that the Polish community abroad has to face and creating a positive image of our minority. The goal of the training is to develop participants’ leadership competences and to support them in the activities they perform in their Polish and local communities abroad.
The Training is organized by the School for Leaders Association and Central European Business Association Inc. in cooperation with the Polish Student Organization in New York, as a part of the fifth edition of the School for Leaders for the Polish Community Abroad financed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland.
It will be held in New York between the 17th and 20th October 2013.
PROGRAM OF THE LEADERSHIP TRAINING IN NEW YORK
The Training Program involves the following topics:
· Ways of establishing cooperation with federal and local government institutions
· Basic methods and tools to run lobbying, advocacy and campaign activities
· Use of media in activities for Poland and Polish community abroad
The Program will be carried out through:
· Workshops developing leadership competences
· Lectures and meetings with politicians, activists of American social organizations, etc.
· Study visits to government and local government institutions, etc.
We also encourage you to read information about previous editions of School for Polish Community Abroad, including Leadership Trainings in Edinburgh and Dublin. You can find them on the School for Leaders website!
RECRUITMENT CONDITIONS AND SCHEDULE
We invite all those who:
· Are 20 to 40 years old,
· Live in USA,
· Have Polish roots or get involved in activities for Polish communities abroad,
· Are leaders in their communities,
· Have been involved socially or politically for at least 2 years,
· Are interested in undertaking activities for the improvement of the position of Polish diaspora and for the interests of Poland in USA,
· Want to extend the scope of their activity and to establish or to develop cooperation with other Polish community abroad organizations,
· Have a sufficient command of English to participate in activities run in this language.
· Recruitment framework
· Applications and recommendation letters must be submitted by the 20th August 2013.
The list of the participants of the Training will be announced by the 29th August 2013.
The organizers cover the costs of participation in the Training, including lodge, board, training materials, entries required during study visits and, in justified cases, they reimburse part of travel costs.
Applications shall consist of:
· Completed application form,
· References from 1 person and other materials documenting and confirming information included in the form.
We kindly ask you to submit those to the following address: [address removed] by the 20thAugust 2013. When making the selection we shall ask for the opinion of the Polish Diplomatic Missions.
More information about the project at www.szkola-liderow.pl
School for Leaders Association
Central European Business Association Inc.
Local Training Coordinator/SLP Alumni