Poles and Friends of Poland in the Washington-Baltimore Area Message Board › Polish Events in Baltimore

Polish Events in Baltimore

Marcin Z.
ThingsPolish.com
Group Organizer
Falls Church, VA
Post #: 1
Hello Polish Baltimore,

Events promoted by this Meetup group have occurred mostly in the Washington metropolitan area, but Baltimore has been in this group's name from the beginning. Based on some feedback I received, we need to do a better job catering to our Baltimore-based membership -- while continuing our series of events in DC, suburban Maryland and Northern Virginia.

I'm starting this discussion thread in order to help coalesce a network of Polish event organizers for the Baltimore area.

Please post your comments here if you agree with any of the following statements:

• I live in Baltimore and would like to see more Polish events in Baltimore.

• I live in the Washington metropolitan area now, but I'm originally from Baltimore area and I'd love to have a reason to revisit Baltimore.

• I don't live in Baltimore and I'm not from Baltimore, but haven't been to Baltimore enough and I would travel to Baltimore to attend a Meetup that sounds interesting.

• I would be willing to organize or help organize a Polish event in Baltimore.

Thank you for your feedback. Please keep it coming!

Sincerely,
    Marcin Zmudzki
    http://zmudzki.net...­
  • Sven
    Svendala
    Kensington, MD
    Post #: 23
    Marcin,

I do NOT live in Baltimore nor do I wish to live there. I will go to Baltimore for interesting activities ------ See my suggestions to Ms. Kornak.................Polack Johnny's, Ostrowkis sausage, Corned Beef Row, an evening of Polka dancing at Blob's Park, a dinner discussion with the rectory at Our Lady, Queen of Poland parish in Silver Spring, Maryland, any local Polish National Alliance Nests and their activities. Library of COngress does FREE concerts as does the National Gallery of Art on Sunday evenings to sometimes include Chopin, Penderecki, Paderewski. So, food field trips, cultural discussions and musical concerts.................and of course Domku for vodka tastings.

I live in the DC suburbs near to Old Town Alexandria.

Since DC is culturally NOT very ethnic, nearest pockets of such are between DC and Baltimore. Just my two cents.

Later, gator.

Steve Babecki

PS. Since I am already the Organizer for two other groups, I cannot take on this one as well. Good luck with it. I thought that the Happy Hours at Rock Bottom Brewery did quite well on a monthly basis.
    Marcin Z.
    ThingsPolish.com
    Group Organizer
    Falls Church, VA
    Post #: 2
    Marcin,

I do NOT live in Baltimore nor do I wish to live there. I will go to Baltimore for interesting activities ------ See my suggestions to Ms. Kornak.................Polack Johnny's, Ostrowkis sausage, Corned Beef Row, an evening of Polka dancing at Blob's Park [...], any local Polish National Alliance Nests and their activities. [...]

Steve Babecki

[...]

Steve,

Thanks for your suggestions focusing on Baltimore. Thank you also for your earlier feedback via email.

Now I hope to hear from others in the group regarding specifically Baltimore.

Sincerely,
    Marcin
    http://zmudzki.net...­