As usual there is a lot to talk about.
You can all look forward to the regular appearance of the "Flying 800 Pound Gorilla." The egg timer that can't seem to keep time and the "One Minutes."
"One Minutes" are an opportunity for you to introduce yourself and tell us for approximately one minute, what is on your mind. You can talk for one minute or less about anything from a hang nail that's been bothering you, to your explanation of the meaning of life, but you only have one minute.
Remember the rules:
- Bring your voice and passion, but leave your anger and condescension at home.
- Be respectful to everyone during discussions)
- If you get angry at differing opinions, please realize that this is not the place for you and kindly do not attend.
- Eat, drink and be merry and tip well if you can.
- We don't have to leave as friends, but we can't leave as enemies.
Here are some of the topics we could explore:
- Does anybody think this President is going to kill Americans just willy nilly, just because he can?
- Why do women stay with men after they have been abused? Haven't they seen any episodes of Oprah?
- I am thinking that "Obama's Apology Tour," you remember the one where he went to all the Muslim countries and gave speeches primarily aimed at the youth in those countries...is finally barring fruit. Democracy! (or the Arab version of it, what ever that looks like).
- Are states seeing what balanced budget amendments can do now that they are going broke and by law have no other ways to raise money?
- Is the war on terrorism best handled as a police action or a military action?
- Raise the debt ceiling? Yes or no? Should we do it only with compromises?
- What's up with all the tornadoes? Global warming perhaps?
- Should Libertarians move to Somalia? Isn't Somalia, the only existing place where limited government has been taken to an extreme?
- Who are more sexual, men or women? Or is the answer obvious?
I look forward to talking to you all.