Aug 29, 2012 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
As usual there is a lot to talk about.
You can all look forward to the regular appearance of the "Flying 800 Pound Gorilla." The egg timer that can't seem to keep time and the "One Minutes."
"One Minutes" are an opportunity for you to introduce yourself and tell us for approximately one minute, what is on your mind. You can talk for one minute or less about anything from a hang nail that's been bothering you, to your explanation of the meaning of life, but you only have one minute.
Remember the rules:
- Bring your voice and passion, but leave your anger and condescension at home.
- Be respectful to everyone during discussions)
- If you get angry at differing opinions, please realize that this is not the place for you and kindly do not attend.
- Eat, drink and be merry and tip well if you can.
- We don't have to leave as friends, but we can't leave as enemies.
Here are some of the topics we could explore:
- ~Todd Akin is still leading Claire McCaskill in the poles. Is there anything that he could say to lose this election? ~Do deficits matter? ~Who is more inspiring? Anne Romney or Michelle Obama? ~Did anyone see the Dinesh D’Sousa movie 2016? If so, what did you think? ~Why are so many prominent Republicans of Indian decent? Nicki Haley, Bobby Jindal and Dinesh D’Sousa to name a few. ~Can our Marines be excused for the Haditha (a city in Iraq) massacre? This is where a roadside bomb killed one Marine and injured the rest in the Humvee; while looking for the perpetrators doing a house to house search, the Marines ended up killing 26 Iraqi men, women and children. ~When you are getting bad service at a restaurant, is it OK to leave a very small tip or no tip at all? Do you ever think you are getting bad service because you are black? ~Can the United States ever end up like Greece financially? ~Can we legitimately separate God and Religion? Believe in God without practicing Religion? ~Has the electorate become too cynical? It appears that we don’t like anything and nothing can live up to our standards. We are in constant search of the unknown. We don’t like Congress, we don’t like Obama, we didn’t like Bush and Romney, being unknown, just might get him elected. ~Pickup lines can be put into 3 categories: the shy honest approach (I am kind of shy but I’d like to get to know you better. My name is Glenn, what’s yours?), the common “witty” line (You are so beautiful. You are like a painting. I’d like to take you home and nail you to the wall!) and the indirect line (Hi, what do you think of this band?). What do you think is the best approach?
- ...more to come.
I look forward to talking to you all.