As usual there is a lot to talk about.
You can all look forward to the regular appearance of the "Flying 800 Pound Gorilla." The egg timer that can't seem to keep time and the "One Minutes."
"One Minutes" are an opportunity for you to introduce yourself and tell us for approximately one minute, what is on your mind. You can talk for one minute or less about anything from a hang nail that's been bothering you, to your explanation of the meaning of life, but you only have one minute.
Remember the rules:
- Bring your voice and passion, but leave your anger and condescension at home.
- Be respectful to everyone during discussions)
- If you get angry at differing opinions, please realize that this is not the place for you and kindly do not attend.
- Eat, drink and be merry and tip well if you can.
- We don't have to leave as friends, but we can't leave as enemies.
Here are some of the topics we could explore:
- Does the new information about the drone program bother anybody? Isn't comparing it to Enhanced Interrogation (Torture) comparing apples to oranges?
- Surprise, surprise. Christopher Dorner has fans! Doesn't the longer this cop-killing fugitive stay alive play right into his hands? Is the media helping him along?
- Is obtaining a post-secondary degree worth the money anymore?
- When you say, "that's a bad neighborhood, what do you really mean?
- Are corporations inherently evil? What about the people who run them?
- What's going to happen in Syria after the civil war is over? Who is going to win?
- What should we do about the rise of the robot? "Generally,the chattering classes have taken it in stride. After all, when poorly educated workers’ jobs are being replaced, they can be trained to do higher level work. The attitude has basically been, 'when computers can replace human thinking and intuition, then we’ll worry about it.'" According to the book, "Race Against the Machines" by Erik Brynjolfsson, it's time to worry.
- Should you live with someone before you marry them?
- What the Frak's wrong with Fracking?
- Should the Burka be banned in the United States?
- Should Chris Christie have taken the bite of the donut on Letterman?
- Do atheist have superstitions?
I look forward to talking to you all.