February 27, 2013 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
As usual there is a lot to talk about.
You can all look forward to the regular appearance of the "Flying 800 Pound Gorilla" or some other type of helpless animal to be tossed about the room. The egg timer (now a cell phone; gotta love technology) that can't seem to keep time and the "One Minutes."
"One Minutes" are an opportunity for you to introduce yourself and tell us for approximately one minute what is on your mind. You can talk for one minute or less about anything from a hang nail that's been bothering you, to your interpretation of the meaning of life. But you only have one minute.
Remember the rules:
- Bring your voice and passion, but leave your anger and condescension at home.
- Be respectful to everyone during discussions
- If you get angry at differing opinions, please realize that this is not the place for you and kindly do not attend.
- Eat, drink and be merry and tip well if you can.
- We don't have to leave as friends, but we can't leave as enemies.
Here are some of the topics we could explore:
- Is over population of the planet a serious worry anymore?
- Obama is really bugging me with his Scare Tour around the country. Isn't it true that if you stare the sequester in the face, with a bit of manipulation, it's really the tough cuts that we need?
- Mayor Slay or Alderman Reed...or the other guy?
- Do you think that we will ever fight a conventional war again?
- Should we provide direct aid to the Syrian Rebels?
- Is "Homosexuality a 'Ticking Time Bomb' for the Catholic Church?"
- Men and women are created equal right? At least that's what I understand Mormon's believe.
- Headline: Condo sends note to soldier saying he must take American Flag down. Holier than thou vets and citizens come out of the woodwork.
- More to come...
I look forward to talking to you all.