The Issues You Don't Talk About Cafe Message Board The Issues You Don't Talk About Cafe Discussion Forum › Is the purpose of a CEO(like Republican Romney) is to make a profit for them

Is the purpose of a CEO(like Republican Romney) is to make a profit for themselves and investors or give American jobs?

Larry H.
larryhaney2000
East Saint Louis, IL
Post #: 426
I keep hearing these greedy rich say that they give jobs to Americans, but is that their purpose? A CEO job is to make money for himself and his investors, not give good paying jobs to Americans. They do this by:
1)If they can get the job done cheaper by using overseas labor. The CEO (like Republican Romney) will fire Americans and use overseas labor. Which cause unemployment to go up in our country.
2) If CEO's (like Republican Romney) can get the job done cheaper by less employees. They will fire/lay off American workers. Which causes unemployment in our country.
3) CEO's like Republican Romney will pay their employees the lowest pay to reduce the cost in order to make more money for himself and his investors.
4)CEO's (like Republican Romney) will reduce safety in order to increase profits (like BP did) They want less government regulations. Like Republican Romney wants.
5) Without more government regulations. To Increase profits some CEO's will gamble with other people's money in order to make a higher profit. Then if they loose too much. We have to use public tax money to help them or a lot of pension plans will loose money.

CEO's (like Republican Romney)job is not to give Americans jobs or to help our economy. It is to make the biggest profits for himself and his investors no matter how much they hurt Americans or our country.

Robert G.
user 4581499
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 839
I keep hearing these greedy rich say that they give jobs to Americans, but is that their purpose? A CEO job is to make money for himself and his investors, not give good paying jobs to Americans.

Larry, congratulations, you are finally starting to get it. Creating jobs and making money for themselves are by-products of making money for the investors. It is that simple.

It all starts with the investment of capital by those who wish a favorable return on their investment. Stop the investments and everything else comes to a grinding halt.
Larry H.
larryhaney2000
East Saint Louis, IL
Post #: 427
Robert, No, you do not get it. CEO's like Republican Romney purpose is not to produce jobs for Americans. CEO's like Republican Romney job is to do what it takes to make money for himself and his investors no matter how much he hurts Americans or our country. Because when CEO's like Republican Romney ship jobs overseas. How does that help Americans or our country? How does it help Americans and our country to keep min wage below a livable wage?

Now I do support increasing taxes on Companies who ship jobs overseas and pay any of their employees below a livable wage. Which I know you and Republicans hate and will fight that ideal.
Robert G.
user 4581499
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 842
Robert, No, you do not get it. CEO's like Republican Romney purpose is not to produce jobs for Americans.

I do get it, that was my point.

If you don't create jobs, does that not make you greedy and uncaring?
Larry H.
larryhaney2000
East Saint Louis, IL
Post #: 430
Robert, You forgot to tell me how shipping jobs overseas (CEO's like Republican Romney did) is going to give jobs to Americans and help our country? How about when these CEO's like Republican Romney lay people off in order to save money and increase profits for himself and his investors going to help Americans and our country? How is paying a wage below a livable wage and no medical ( A lot of CEO's do like Republican Romney) going to help Americans and our country?

The fact is CEO's like Republican Romney job is not to give jobs to Americans and help our country. CEO's like Republican Romney job was not make money for himself and his investors no matter how many Americans he hurt or how much he hurt our country.
Robert G.
user 4581499
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 843
Robert, You forgot to tell me how shipping jobs overseas (CEO's like Republican Romney did) is going to give jobs to Americans and help our country? How about when these CEO's like Republican Romney lay people off in order to save money and increase profits for himself and his investors going to help Americans and our country? How is paying a wage below a livable wage and no medical ( A lot of CEO's do like Republican Romney) going to help Americans and our country?

The fact is CEO's like Republican Romney job is not to give jobs to Americans and help our country. CEO's like Republican Romney job was not make money for himself and his investors no matter how many Americans he hurt or how much he hurt our country.

Using your logic, since you do not create jobs, you are uncaring and greedy.

Oh by the way, is it only Republican business owners who pay minimum wage? Are all CEOs Republican? Is it okay for a Democrat to own a business that pays minimum wage? Are Democrat businesses run without a CEO (as you suggest aren't needed)?

Go out and hire a few thousand workers and pay them a "livable wage" (whatever that is) and see if you can stay in business long enough to make a difference. I other words, put your money where your mouth is. Show me one business that uses that model and can survive. Your whiney strategies just don't work.
Larry H.
larryhaney2000
East Saint Louis, IL
Post #: 431
Robert, It is the Democrats who want to raise min wage but do not have enough to do it. While Republicans want to do away with min wage. So CEO's like Republican Romney can make more millions for himself and his investors. When Obama use Republican Romney company in his ad. Where Americans were laid off, causing unemployment to go up. Republican Romney's own supporters said that Republican Romney is responsible to his investors not unemployment in our country.

Since you refuse to answer my questions than I will. When CEO's like Republican Romney lower wages, lay Americans off and ship jobs over seas. Yes, he will increase profits for himself and his investors but hurt Americans and our country.
Robert G.
user 4581499
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 846
Robert, It is the Democrats who want to raise min wage but do not have enough to do it. While Republicans want to do away with min wage. So CEO's like Republican Romney can make more millions for himself and his investors. When Obama use Republican Romney company in his ad. Where Americans were laid off, causing unemployment to go up. Republican Romney's own supporters said that Republican Romney is responsible to his investors not unemployment in our country.

Since you refuse to answer my questions than I will. When CEO's like Republican Romney lower wages, lay Americans off and ship jobs over seas. Yes, he will increase profits for himself and his investors but hurt Americans and our country.

Larry, perhaps you should stay on topic. My questions were:

Using your logic, since you do not create jobs, you are uncaring and greedy.

• Oh by the way, is it only Republican business owners who pay minimum wage?
  • Are all CEOs Republican?
  • Is it okay for a Democrat to own a business that pays minimum wage?
  • Are Democrat businesses run without a CEO (as you suggest aren't needed)?

This isn't a Republican issue, is it? Democratic business owner do the same things that you accuse Republican of doing, don't they?

Larry H.
larryhaney2000
East Saint Louis, IL
Post #: 436
Robert, The subject is do CEO's like Republican Romney job is to make money for himself and his investors no matter how much it hurts Americans and our country or is his job to make jobs for Americans?

Anyone with common sense will know that when CEO's like Republican Romney ship jobs overseas (which increase unemployment in our country) lay people off (which increase unemployment in our country) and pay min wage. They care about making profit for himself and their investors instead of given jobs to Americans.

Yes, some Democrats pay min wage but it is the Democrats not the Republicans that want to increase min wage. It is the Democrats not the Republicans who want the 1% of the ones making millions and billions to pay at least the same tax rate as the middle class.
Robert G.
user 4581499
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 848
Robert, The subject is do CEO's like Republican Romney job is to make money for himself and his investors no matter how much it hurts Americans and our country or is his job to make jobs for Americans?

Anyone with common sense will know that when CEO's like Republican Romney ship jobs overseas (which increase unemployment in our country) lay people off (which increase unemployment in our country) and pay min wage. They care about making profit for himself and their investors instead of given jobs to Americans.

Yes, some Democrats pay min wage but it is the Democrats not the Republicans that want to increase min wage. It is the Democrats not the Republicans who want the 1% of the ones making millions and billions to pay at least the same tax rate as the middle class.

Please give some fact to support that notion that business persons who are Democrats are better stewards of resources.

Take Democrat George Soros for example:

Soros draws a distinction between being a participant in the market and working to change the rules that market participants must follow. According to Mahathir bin Mohamed, Prime Minister of Malaysia from July 1981 to October 2003, Soros — as the hedge fund chief of Quantum — may have been partially responsible for the economic crash in 1997 of East Asian markets when the Thai currency relinquished its peg to the US dollar. According to Mahathir, in the three years leading to the crash, Soros invested in short-term speculative investment in East Asian stock markets and real estate, then divested with "indecent haste" at the first signs of currency devaluation. Soros replied, saying that Mahathir was using him "as a scapegoat for his own mistakes", that Mahathir's promises to ban currency trading (which Malaysian finance officials hastily retracted) were "a recipe for disaster" and that Mahathir "is a menace to his own country".

How is his actions that much different from Mitt Rommey and Bain Capital?