Robert G.
user 4581499
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 907
While Obama has taken to quoting Abraham Lincoln, there are some pertinent Lincoln quotes he fails to note. Like these ...

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.
Kevin
user 7773433
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 166
No one that I know of, know one that I've heard of...most certainly not in the Obama administration, has advocated "destroying" the rich.
What "strong" are being weakened?
"Pulling the wage earner down"....wow.....Romney who is running on destroying organized labor, would really be the one to note this.
Inciting class hatred? It would seem to me that this is exactly what the Republicans are doing by constantly bringing up welfare recipients..during the primaries Newt Gingrich and a few of your other heroes were bashing unemployment benefits. I believe that your Grand Old Party is instrumental in inciting, and promoting....class hatred.
I'd like you to illuminate how Obama has taken away folks initiative, and independenc, since I'm assuming that's what you think?
I'm trying to find the Lincoln quote concerning stashing your money in foreign bank accounts, where is that...maybe you can come up with that one?
Robert G.
user 4581499
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 908
I'm trying to find the Lincoln quote concerning stashing your money in foreign bank accounts, where is that...maybe you can come up with that one?

Here, I will help you out:

"What the eff does it matter where I keep my money? You do what you want with yours, and I'll do what I want with mine."

-- Bernie Lincoln