addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Issues You Don't Talk About Cafe Message Board The Issues You Don't Talk About Cafe Discussion Forum › Why doesn't the GOP ever pull out all the stops and highlight the Lies of Obama?

Why doesn't the GOP ever pull out all the stops and highlight the Lies of Obama?

A former member
Post #: 4
I will never figure out why, in a critical election year, that the GOP does not call out Obama on his failed policies, flat out proven lies in TV Ads, broken promises, lying about what the GOP intends to do with medicare etc. I just floors me that the Dems can lie and lie, edit video, tell America to their faces that so and so in the Republican party wants to kill grandma and take away benefits blah blah blah, and the GOP does nothing. There is no retort. We know its all lies, proven time and time again by FactCheck, but nothing is said and a lot of America falls for the lies. I just wish Romney would go out there and state a specific plan. Lay it on the table, "Here is what I am going to do to help create jobs, prosperity, etc." They just let the lying dems continue down their road of lies and deception. Ok, rant is complete. What say you?
Larry L
RationL
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 866
I will never figure out why, in a critical election year, that the DEMOCRATS do not call out ROMNEY on his failed policies, flat out proven lies in TV Ads, broken promises, lying about what the DEMOCRATS intends to do with medicare etc. I just floors me that the REPUBLICANS can lie and lie, edit video, tell America to their faces that so and so in the DEMOCRAT party wants to kill grandma and take away benefits blah blah blah, and the DEMOCRATS do nothing. There is no retort. We know its all lies, proven time and time again by FactCheck, but nothing is said and a lot of America falls for the lies. I just wish OBAMA would go out there and state a specific plan (ACTUALLY HE DID). Lay it on the table, "Here is what I am going to do to help create jobs, prosperity, etc." They just let the lying REPUBLICANS continue down their road of lies and deception. Ok, rant is complete. What say you?

rant complete
Rick M.
user 62890952
Lake Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 1
There are three reasons the GOP doesn't just come out and call Obama on his "lies."

• They are too busy lying about things he did not do or say (i.e. "you didn't build that" deliberately taken out of context to imply something he never said, removed the work requirement from welfare, etc.
  • In spite of all of the money they have spent desperately trying, they can't prove the things they know (on faith) MUST be true: not born in America, not really a Christian, he is the anti-Christ, etc.
  • The only things they could actually prove he is lying about are the things they started lying about first: the war in Afghanistan is necessary (even though most of the 9/11 hijackers were from "our friends the Saudis", we can't punish terrorists without the so-called Patriot Act, and as long as the administration calls something a war the Constitution is irrelevant.

I am disappointed in a lot of things Obama has done - and not done. But at least he says humane things. When people openly endorse cutting the taxes of billionaires while claiming we cannot afford to provide healthcare to children and old people; when they propose a "plan" that completely leaves the weakest people out while taking very good care of those who don't need it anyway; when they tell us surfs that we will all do better when billionaires have more money - there is no credibility coming from that direction. Neither side will always tells us the truth. But when one side doesn't even respect us enough to lie about what it will do to us there isn't much of a choice. Romney cannot lay out exactly what he will do for one simple reason - he cannot afford to lose the votes of those who blindly think he will help the peasants.
A former member
Post #: 5
There are three reasons the GOP doesn't just come out and call Obama on his "lies."

• They are too busy lying about things he did not do or say (i.e. "you didn't build that" deliberately taken out of context to imply something he never said, removed the work requirement from welfare, etc.
  • In spite of all of the money they have spent desperately trying, they can't prove the things they know (on faith) MUST be true: not born in America, not really a Christian, he is the anti-Christ, etc.
  • The only things they could actually prove he is lying about are the things they started lying about first: the war in Afghanistan is necessary (even though most of the 9/11 hijackers were from "our friends the Saudis", we can't punish terrorists without the so-called Patriot Act, and as long as the administration calls something a war the Constitution is irrelevant.

I am disappointed in a lot of things Obama has done - and not done. But at least he says humane things. When people openly endorse cutting the taxes of billionaires while claiming we cannot afford to provide healthcare to children and old people; when they propose a "plan" that completely leaves the weakest people out while taking very good care of those who don't need it anyway; when they tell us surfs that we will all do better when billionaires have more money - there is no credibility coming from that direction. Neither side will always tells us the truth. But when one side doesn't even respect us enough to lie about what it will do to us there isn't much of a choice. Romney cannot lay out exactly what he will do for one simple reason - he cannot afford to lose the votes of those who blindly think he will help the peasants.

On #1, one could argue, it was NOT taken out of context as he specifically said "If you have a business, you didn't build that. There was a teacher out there that helped you out etc etc. Someone else built the roads and bridges....." WE PAID for those roads and bridges and teachers, NOT government. So YES we did build that business, not the government. He did say it, but you have every right to say he didn't. He DID remove the work requirement and left it to the states to govern the welfare requirements. IF the state choose to ignore the issue completely, people would get their government check without having to work. Spin all you want, that is how it will be. I pray that ALL states require recipients to WORK.

#2 Not ONE conservative (not radical or christian conservative), but plain old conservative believes Obama is a muslim, or born in Kenya and none are paying to prove it. Please name one conservative that has said otherwise.

#3 The actual lies from the Obama camp and the left are, Romney killed a lady who had cancer (a classic line), Harry Reid's, "Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years", Romneycare is the same as Obamacare (No, Romneycare didn't impose taxes to pay for it, like Obamacare), Paul Ryan's plan is to eliminate medicare (lie, read the 2011 plan and see that it affects no one 55 and up. It offers vouchers to purchase healthcare for those future recipients of medicare. If you want to shop for yourself, fine, if you don't, you can stay with medicare), and my favorite, the "War on Women". What a freaking joke that is. First you have some whinny 31 year old women that demands condoms and birth control. Claims she can't afford them. But demands the university provides them. You are 31 years old, take resposibilty for your sex-capades. All conservatives are saying is, government should NOT force anyone who pays for an employees health insurance, to supply coverage for something they do not believe in. It is not a war on women, it is a war on having government tell someone what they MUST provide, regardless of what their beliefs are. How about, "I will cut the deficit in half in my first term, lie. Or, unemployment will not go above 8% if you vote to give me $878 billion dollars of your tax dollars (lie), Spontaneous act of violence, not terrorism in Bengazi, LIE. "I inherited this mess" LIE LIE LIE. Housing policies to lend to people who couldn't afford the loans, was a democratic policy under Clinton. Bush, at the peek of his spending, added $400 billion to the debt, Obama has added 4.5 TRILLION. How is this mess Bush's. That is a major LIE from the left. I just don't know how anyone can vote for someone with NO record of leadership, success in the economy, or foreign policy, is beyond me. Obama's record now, should be cause for America to throw his butt out of office, yet people flock back to him. You mention Romney not laying out exactly what he will do. NEITHER has Obama, not one plan. Hell, he is guilty of breaking federal law that states he has to pass a budget every April of every year. Not ONE budget in 4 years. Likeable just doesn't cut it for me. Cool doesn't cut it, and the state of this country is Obama's not Bush's.
Reese F.
wiselion
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 164
Your Obama rant is so devoid of logic that the facts apparently have no place in your head.
Particularly laughable are statements like "WE PAID for those roads and bridges and teachers, NOT government" - so you think Federal (and State) dollars are not from the government because the government is run by collection of taxes from the citizens??? If so what IS government ???
As previous loan officer, I can tell you that the housing crises has nothing to do with Clinton, or Bush or Obama. The real problem started when Congress deregulated S&Ls in 1980 and then again in 1981, and other acts afterward. If we get back to sane regulation of these businesses, we will have no problems.
In fact you seem not to have studied anything about the Federal government - you think Presidents pass budgets - Presidents pass nothing, that is the job of Congress. All Presidents do is write a suggested budget and send it to Congress.
A former member
Post #: 6
Spin all you want Reese. Taxes are PAID by the taxpayers. It is THEIR money that the government takes. If no one paid taxes, government would not have the money for roads, bridges or teachers or anything else paid for by the tax payer. For a loan officer, that should have been obvious. Yes, everyone knows presidents don't pass budgets, congress does. But the fact is Reese, Obama has not presented a budget in his entire term as president and that is FACT!! Try to spin and cover it up all you want. He is supposed to be the LEADER. He should have lead by presenting a proposed budget, he failed. That is another FACT. Being a loan officer doesn't qualify you to state what caused or didn't cause the housing crisis. Your job is to make loans to folks, and as it has been proven, to the wrong people. That is like saying, you can fix a stereo because you are an engineer. Means nothing, zero, zilch. It is fact that under Clinton, banks were forced to lend to those who could not afford to pay back those loans. Under Bush (no he wasn't perfect), Democrats were warned (also well documented) 17 times that this policy can not be sustained. It was ignored by Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and Maxine Waters. Then look what happened. It callapsed. Naturally, liberals and dems, played the blame game immediately, and pointed fingers at Bush. It had nothing to do with Bush, but tell that to a brain dead liberal. By the way, logic does not equal FACT. I didn't present logic, I presented FACT and you failed to disprove the facts.
Reese F.
wiselion
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 165
Wrong - the fact is he sent a budget every year to Congress - where do you get all this wrong info?
Here is the latest one:
http://www.bloomberg....­
A former member
Post #: 7
Your are correct. I should have stated "Passed" a budget. But why is that? Why no passed budget? Please don't say the GOP blocked them all. We all know the Obama administration had a super majority of House, Senate and White House for 2 years.
A former member
Post #: 211

Well said Rick. INterestingly many liberals are very disappointed with Obama for not being as liberal as they would like for him to be. And of course there are the haters that denigrate all that he does - even when he implements their agenda. He really cannot win. :(