addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The London Polyamory Meetup Group Message Board The London Polyamory Meetup Group Discussion Forum › W*a*R*n*I*n*G about Barcroft Media if they have contacted you

W*a*R*n*I*n*G about Barcroft Media if they have contacted you

A former member
Post #: 5
BE WARNED: Just so you all know....

There have been two posts, today, from a 'journalist' from Barcroft media, she also messaged me directly, through this forum, and I just wanted to warn people in case others receive an email.

An extract from her message to me follows:

''I noticed that you'd been involved in some polyamory counselling, and I'm looking to interview polyamorists with interesting life and relationship stories.
Obviously, I wouldn't want you to breach anyone's confidentiality! But I was hoping maybe I could pick your brain, and just ask if you can think of anyone with an interesting story who might be up for doing an interview?''

So, I'm being requested to talk to clients I may have who trust me with their stories and trust my professional boundaries and put them onto the media to sell their stories.

My email, like the post above, promises:

''I can pay for stories and work closely with the subject to make sure they are satisfied with the piece.'

See the details of a man in the US who sued Barcroft media after they didn't pay them for his story (about being permanently disfigured and disabled by an accident with a high voltage power line and being the first person to receive what is being described as a 'face transplant').

http://www.courthouse...­

Here's an example of the kind of story that Barcroft Media publishes: Girl ’sells’ virginity to pay varsity fees

http://mangaloretoday...­

Add a reply
Diann
user 2600149
London, GB
Post #: 9
Please direct any press contacts to the Poly Media Association, it is based in the USA and they have a lot of information for anyone who is contacted by press or who thinks they might agree to be interviewed. There is a lot you need to know before agreeing to anything and the group above is a great resource for potential interviewees. They also track the various press requests and would warn you away from some and toward others who have give polys positive press. The group was created based on needs addressed by the Poly Leadership network, for poly organisers and activists, based in the USA but not exclusive by any means.

Poly Media Association