The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Ecovillage Core Group Starting

Ecovillage Core Group Starting

Lyra E.
user 9154175
Freeport, ME
Post #: 3
We are looking for a few good people to help create an ecovillage community; becoming members of a core-group committed to the process of initiating a land-based, sustainably designed clustered neighborhood. We are currently looking for land in the Brunswick area, or, at appropriate properties in the greater Portland area. Core group members will be involved with land search efforts, project permitting, creative visioning, conscious communication and investing in the project financially. Ecovillage communities integrate a supportive social environment with a low-impact lifestyle: ecological architecture, renewable energy systems, inclusive decision making, and local, organic food production. Please join us for an exploratory meeting on Friday evening, July 13th in Portland - respond for more details.
David L.
user 41803752
Portland, ME
Post #: 4
Hi, I have an organic farm, near Augusta. I'm an architect and former town planner. I'm currently taking the Permaculture Design Course. I have experience with "developments" at your scale. I'm interested in being involved. David
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 879
If you decide you don't need to be tethered to Brunswick or Portland, I have about 60 acres of land to sell in Washington Maine near the midcoast area Rockland/Rockport/Camden.

David Spahr
Lyra E.
user 9154175
Freeport, ME
Post #: 4
Thank you, Davids..

I have sent you an e-mail, David Landmann. As far as being tethered, yes..I think we are because of distances to family, particularly elderly parents. So, we are hoping that the right property for approx. 20 clustered homes, garden/CSA space and managed woodlot potential will show up in our target areas.
jon h.
user 18342491
Portland, ME
Post #: 1
Lyra,
My partner and I are interested in intentional communities. We have been thinking about this a lot lately. We would be interested in coming to the meeting on Friday. We both took the permaculture design course with Lisa Fernandez and are currently homesteading in Pownal Maine.
Jim M
user 8311780
Auburn, ME
Post #: 73
Hi,
I'm interested in hearing more about your ideas Lyra. Have been looking for an intentional community.
Look forward to learning more.

Lyra E.
user 9154175
Freeport, ME
Post #: 5
Hi Jon and Jim - I will send you an e-mail with the address where the meeting will be on the 13th and look forward to meeting you. I am hoping to hear from a few others - it takes a village to make one!!! : )
Mary
marygee
South Berwick, ME
Post #: 449
Hi Lyra,

Best of luck in planning! We are looking for a place where my MIL and FIL can join us, but will probably need to be farther south, as my husband is working in Rochester, NH. Still, keep the group posted as the process continues.....because who knows, perhaps it will work out for us to join all of you!

Mary
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Lyra,

so glad to hear that you're exploring the Portland, Brunswick area for the Odonata community! You may remember that we met a couple of years ago at the Sivananda Yoga Ranch in Woodbourne, NY? Unfortunately I can't make it on the 13th, but am interested in joining the conversation and will look for more posts about this.
Merry H.
Merrymaker
Portland, ME
Post #: 324
Hi Lyra, Burl and I may be interested if costs can be kept really low. We especially like Brunswick. We have been involved in ecovillage planning twice before and been severely burned, but it IS our dream.