The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Perennial Veggies Share/Teach/Learn

Perennial Veggies Share/Teach/Learn

zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 600
you definitely have a broader variety of perennial vegs and fruit than I do, David. A few different things I have include honeyberries and Sea Buckthorn, Buffaloberry and Goumi. Of course, I ahve blueberries (not happy anywhere I put them, sadly), elders (around 20 bushes now ranging from about a foot to 8 feet), grapes, Nannyberry, highbush cranberry, the chokeberries and chokecherry (wild...not very tasy to me), plums, a half dozen varieties of nut trees (nowhere near old/large enough to produce nuts), apples peaches, rhubarb, caucasian spinach (just winter sowed the seeds this year...thanks Aaron!), day lilies, cattails, hosta, ramps, elephant garlic, garlic, egyptian walking onions, chives, perennial bunching onions, lovage, various juneberries, tho I am not sure what is soo great about them. Probably a number of wild edibles that I have not identified.

Would like to make an area for perennial root crops, like jerusalem artichoke and apios...maybe in a few years

A former member
Post #: 12
tracking... interested in this topic and would love a meet up in any of the spots disussed.
Ellen D. L.
user 30898572
Portland, ME
Post #: 3
Another yes for a Portland group!