The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Seedbank in the Arctic - devastating article

Seedbank in the Arctic - devastating article

Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 148
Thanks a lot for your very thoughtful response, Lisa, and Merry and Ted too! I resonate with all of them. It seems to me they reflect Jesus' advice, -- to "be wise as serpents and guileless as doves."

Very good point about our ancestors, Ted!!

I think what originally struck me was the fact the advice to stock up came from an article in the Wall Street Journal. Of all places! But you know, in a real sense, city people without land to plant have more to worry about....

So yes, Merry, your mentioning that we northerners may be getting refugees is an astute observation; you're only the second person I've heard say that.

The other was Matt Power in an earlier TV show on climate change. Both Lori and Matt who is editor and producer of Liberty News TV are members of our Meetup!! I urge you to check out their website. http://www.libertynew...­ Matt and his artistic crew tackle the big issues with incisive humor, -- powerful irony!

You've all given me something to think about and act on. Thanks again for your good advice all of you!

Elaine