We invite permaculture designers, teachers, organizers and PDC grads from across Maine to join us for the 2nd statewide winter gathering of our network during which we can connect, dream and make action plans for the coming year around topics we hold dear.
Theme for this Gathering: Mapping the Landscape
- Identify who is already working on what...individuals, groups, businesses.
- Permaculture in Maine by geography and by specialty or niche
- Where are the gaps or unmet needs? Where are the synergies beyond our own network? How can we shift these forward?
This will be an intense and rewarding day of connecting, sharing and "going deep" into the promise of how the permaculture community can continue to be of service to our state, its people and the place itself. After Asset Mapping in the morning this event will be convened in Open Space, a technique that presents an over-arching theme or question and empowers the attendees not only to create their own agenda for the day, but drive the outcome and experience as they see fit.
In Open Space, facilitators help open, hold and close the space with just the right amount of structure so that all the work that happens in between is truly by, of and for those who show up. Proceedings from the day are captured live and published that very day. To learn more about Open Space Technology, check out http://www.openspaceworld.org/cgi/wiki.cgi?AboutOpenSpace
We do have a bit of overhead for this event and we are asking for a $5-10 sliding scale donation. By RSVP-ing "yes" you are committing to be an active participant in the creation of our resilient future in Maine. We will need 4 volunteers with laptops to scribe notes "live" over wifi as the sessions are happening.
- 8:30 Coffee/Tea/Morning Refreshments
- 9:00 Opening Circle &
- 9:15 Introductions of All to All - Brief Intros & 9:45 Intro Clusters
- 10:30 Break
- 11:00 - 12:15 Asset Mapping by Geography and by Topic
- 12:15 into Lunch Cluster-sourcing afternoon topics
- 12:30 - 1:45 Free Time and Lunch
- 1:15 Marketplace Agenda-Setting for Afternoon Open Space
- 1:30 - 3:00 Open Space Sessions A x 5 topics
- 3:00 - 4:30 Open Space Sessions B x 5 topics
- 4:30 - 5:00 Free Time/Refreshments while Proceedings are assembled
- 5:00 - Evening News / Closing Circle / Next Steps
- 6:00 - Adjourn and optional supper/social activities!
What to bring:
Your passion for permaculture in Maine, a notebook, a laptop (especially if you can type notes during your session), a healthy lunch item to share, and your own potluck kit (plate/bowl/utensils/mug/napkin).