The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Does anyone know of a pick AND PRESS your own apples location?

Does anyone know of a pick AND PRESS your own apples location?

Bill
user 13592753
Portland, ME
Post #: 11
As a child we used to go to an orchard (long since closed, in NH) where we picked our own apples, then pressed them too. Are there any orchards around here (I'm in Portland) where they have presses that my daughter and I can use? I see several listed that sell their own cider, but I want to do the grinding/pressing by hand, not watch someone else do it with a big noisy machine.

Any info is welcome. Also, if you have an orchard to recommend (even if it doesn't offer press-your-own), please feel free to give a shout-out. We're new to the area and there are many to choose from so any guidance is welcome.
Thanks folks!
Anna S.
user 38488292
Portland, ME
Post #: 6
The Shaker Village at Sabbathday lake is having a press your own cider day this Saturday- where you can use their press for free, but you have to bring your own apples or buy them there.