The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Free barrels for use as rain barrels

Free barrels for use as rain barrels

Lee
LeeWorkman
Gorham, ME
Post #: 9
I have a source at work for high quality, plastic barrels which could be used to catch rain water. They're bright blue, and larger than an average trash can. (I'll try to get better size info.) On the negative side, they don't have a spigot. I won't be able to get more than a few and it might not be immediate, but would be happy to do this if anyone is interested.
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 103
Thanks Lee. I bet for less than $5 we could get the spigot/gasket hardware and other stuff to convert those pretty easily.

If they're not too hard to get ahold of, I would take a couple to do this project as an experiment. Dave loves to make stuff like that work.

Also, as we heard at the last meetup, you can get a skyjuice rain barrel for $55 if you order by April 15th... http://www.pwd.org/en...­
Sue M.
user 3284483
South Portland, ME
Post #: 1
I would love to have one if you were able to get me one. Thanks for the offer. Let me know.
Sue M.
Melissa
TokenEthnicGirl
Bath, ME
Post #: 1
I just stumbled across your group while looking for materials to build my own rain barrels....pre-made are quite pricey sad. I would love to be able to get one if possible. I am in the process of building compost bins and getting my gardens ready so if these barrels are available that would be a huge help. Thanks a bunch.
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 22
Spigots can be purchased anyplace they sell home brewing stuff like at health food stores and brew stores. That type would not connect to a garden hose.

David
Lee
LeeWorkman
Gorham, ME
Post #: 10
I should be able to get barrels eventually for those of you who have already requested them. It's turning out to be more difficult than expected so unfortunately I won't be able to get more for others.