The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Medicinal Fungi Class May 22'nd

Medicinal Fungi Class May 22'nd

A former member
Post #: 1
Greetings all!
I'll be holding a "Medicinal Fungi of Maine" class at my office on tuesday, May 22 @ 6:15pm. All are welcome and there is no fee, we just need people to pre-register so we know how much Mushroom Tea to make.
I cover fungi basics, and several medicinals found here in Maine. This class prepares you to join my field foray coming up soon, where you can gain practical mushroom hunting experience. Its extremely fun!

To let us know you plan to attend, please call our office at 207.774.6251, or stop by. We are located at:
138 St. John St., Portland.
(in the complex with wholeheart yoga and doggy day care)

David Spahr
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 26
Send an Email Post a Greeting
I have some very limited quantities of medicinal fungus available including chaga (Inonotus obliquus) reishi (Ganoderma tsugae) artists conk (Ganoderma applanatum) and maitake (Grifola frondosa). I do mean limited. I really can only afford to let out some chaga easily. I do give away significant amounts of these to people around town with cancer. Read my maitake page for a good cancer story.
http://mushroom-colle...­

You can get medicinals at Whole grocer and Sun Market on Congress St. BTW. Note that shiitake, maitake and oysters all have medicinal value and are far better choices for you diet than the various white/portobello/cremini (agaricus bisporus) varieties.

Check out my medicinal info at http://mushroom-colle...­

David
Tree
user 4058763
Hollis Center, ME
Post #: 11
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Oh this is great!

I'll be attending!