The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Documentary film permaculture / transition / sustainable living

Documentary film permaculture / transition / sustainable living

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi,

I'm a Canadian freelance documentary photographer and filmmaker, and I'm currently working on a documentary film on transition to more sustainable lifestyles.

I already posted this on the northeast permaculture listserv and I realize some of you might have already seen it, so sorry for the repeat!

This film project is about the personal stories of people, and groups of people, who've taken concrete steps towards building a better, more sustainable future for themselves, their family, their community. I'm looking
for people who've decided to initiate change in their lives, whether big or small.

The idea is to present a variety of people and initiatives, both in rural and urban settings, so that the widest variety of viewers can relate to it. Basically I'm trying to show that no matter who you are, or where you live,
there are things you can do, things others around you are already doing.

I myself discovered permaculture less than a year ago, completed a 2-week PDC, and felt inspired by what I found. For me one of the keys to getting people to take that first step, is getting them to realize that they're not alone, that they're part of a larger group of people who care about this planet, a group of people who are already active in building a better future. This is what this film is about. If you'd like to read more about this project, I invite you to check out my website at www.possible.org

I'm planning to visit several people across New England, NY State and Eastern Canada over the next few weeks/months, and looking for more inspiring stories to share. I have a more immediate - although not exclusive - interest in anything regarding how we can live sustainably in a cold climate such as the
one we have in this region. I'm already hoping to visit someone in the Portland area, so I'm looking for other interesting projects and people to meet in the region to make the most of the drive.

Please write me at info@possible.org if you're interested in sharing some of your experience, or if you know someone I should be talking to. And don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

Thanks for your time,

Olivier
www.possible.org