The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Plants and Resources for Trade/Free

Plants and Resources for Trade/Free

David H.
PostCarbonDesign
Oxford, ME
Post #: 209
Here is a new thread to list plants and resources that are availble for trade or free.
Mary and I have listed some plants under "lemon balm anyone", but I thought that a separate discussion/list would be helpful.
*Lisa or Pam, you could tack this to the top of the message board like similar resource lists(materials, boks, and webpages)
Thanks,
Dave

A former member
Post #: 38
Thank you Dave!smile
David H.
PostCarbonDesign
Oxford, ME
Post #: 211
I have used up my three year savings of cardboard and newspaper. Would anyone being willing to save their Press Herald for me? I could pick up on a weekly basis. I have started a relationship with a local coffee house, and I now recieve 5 gallon buckets of grounds every 5 days. Unfortunatley, they cannot give me their newspapers because they get remembursed by the publishers. I'm living like a junky, waiting for my next newspaper fix!
A former member
Post #: 9
I'm located in Auburn and we have more Asparagus coming up than my household can eat. So I'd be happy to let someone run about and either snip some or dig up a root cluster in exchange for any leftover landscaping stones, rock wall rocks or fencing materials you might have laying about. We're also growing buckwheat as a cover crop this season, so if anyone has specific need for it we might work that in, too.

Great idea for a thread!

Amy
A former member
Post #: 40
I talked to Tree the other night and she said she could come on Saturday, though I have not heard back from her. I also talked to Winnie last night and she could come on Sat also. Then today I talked to my friend Sue who has a beautiful garden and has things to give away, a lot of echinacea [sp?] for one thing. She would like to meet you and you could stop at her place on the way out of town. We looked at my over-grown hostas and talked about digging one up completely and splitting it for all. It is a "blue", though I've seen blue-er, and has huge leaves. I also have a very beautiful purple/lilac iris that is down in a place that the slugs pester it almost to death that I'd like to dig.

Tree, I hope I hear from you this evening.
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi Mary,

I've gathered a few tomatoes etc. for you and am all set to come to Boothbay with my shovels. I'd love to meet your friend Sue too! I'll be up by 8am tomorrow so if you don't hear from Tree tonite, give me a call tomorrow morning. If Tree can't make it I can bring things back for the group as I have RSVP'd yes to the Meetup at Dave's next week or people can come to my house in Freeport if they are worried about things lasting until then. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Winnie
Pam
PamM
Windham, ME
Post #: 6
FREE Black Walnut Seedlings (message posted thanks to Elaine):

Call Andrea who lives in Brooks ME at (207) 782-3712 and leave
a message. If you want some seedlings and live near Portland,
Elaine will bring them back with home for pickup at her home at
the end of the permaculture design course on June 9.
A former member
Post #: 10
Exercise caution if you have animals and want to pick up a few of these trees. Black walnut is poisonous to horses. I'm not sure what other critters might be affected.

Amy
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 40
I have quite a bit of white pine, white spruce and balsam fir less than 3 feet tall that people could come and dig. Also, aspen, maple, birch, pin cherry and choke cherry and other.

David
A former member
Post #: 8
Hi Everyone,

I am bringing plants from Mary Anderson (in Boothbay Harbor) to the meeting at David's tonight. Some are flagged for Tree but there are extras that she wanted to share with the group. (plus a few of my own ) If you are interested in any, be sure to bring plastic bags or containers to transport them home.
I look forward to meeting you all!

Winnie