The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Plants and Resources for Trade/Free

Plants and Resources for Trade/Free

Susan
user 8228235
Boston, MA
Post #: 3
Free or trade you for grape starts-
Rooted 1 yr old cuttings of Bluebell(an earlier concord-type), and numerous other Fedco varieties(which I haven't ID'ed) that are ready for fall planting.
The Bluebells are from a nice healthy, good-yielding vine that ripens around now.
The others are from some vines I pruned for someone else, got mixed up, but all originated from Fedco.
Come by and grab some!

I would love to get some grape starts for my garden, could you tell me where and when?
Susan
Nathan B.
user 64173152
Gorham, ME
Post #: 1
Hi Mary,
I would just love some of your black cumin seeds if you have any left. That would be a true blessing to both my garden and my kitchen. Do you know whether it is Nigella sativa or Bunium persicum? Either would be fine. If you are so disposed, you can send them to 67 North St., Gorham, 04038. Thanks so much,
Nathan Broaddus

I have for free seeds:

Good King Henry
Red orach
Beautiful deep mahogany leaf lettuce
Black cumin (used in East Indian cooking)

Tiny starters that would fit in a baggie:

Lemon/lime thyme
Golden yellow oregano (good, strong taste and beautiful to look at)
Garlic chives

I also have a few thornless blackberry starters. I am still working on my own patch but would be willing to send one shoot to someone that is patient enough to get one started in a corner somewhere and wait for their own patch to get going. It may be best to wait till spring on these - I don't know...

Harold M.
user 9605086
Gorham, ME
Post #: 3
I will try to bring you some newspapers at the USM Forest Garden Meeting next week.
Harold in Gorham
Jesse S.
user 29709632
Harrison, ME
Post #: 86
Free online Permaculture Design Course online:

http://www.permacultu...­
Mihku P.
user 112200762
Portland, ME
Post #: 1
I registered with this group and have been watching the videos. They are excellent! Thanks for posting.
Jesse S.
user 29709632
Harrison, ME
Post #: 121
kiarna
user 7577602
Portland, ME
Post #: 42
My friends in Rollinsford NH have 3 @1 year old roosters looking for homes. They are very friendly and calm roosters and are used to cats/dogs/guinea fowl. The current owners would like to see them re homed to a no-kill household if possible. Please message me directly for more info: kiarna at gmail dot com
Aaron P.
user 6845673
Falmouth, ME
Post #: 200
Soil Food Web class with Elaine Ingham - I really learned a lot from this series of videos, way more in depth then most stuff floating around the internet.

http://www.youtube.co...­
Polly U.
user 178168732
Portland, ME
Post #: 2
I'm just starting out so don't have much to offer (boxwood anyone?). I'm looking for elderberry. Anyone have any or know where to get some?
Jesse S.
user 29709632
Harrison, ME
Post #: 143
Plants or berries?