The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Permaculture & Spiritual Practice? MPCA Event March 22 in Portland

Permaculture & Spiritual Practice? MPCA Event March 22 in Portland

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,279
While permaculture itself is a design methodology with no explicit links to spiritual or religious practices, some permaculture practitioners make those links or seek to explore the connections between permaculture and their spiritual practice(s). Others prefer to keep the two realms firmly separated.

This meetup group has no monolithic opinion about this and invites all viewpoints to be discussed in supportive and respectful ways. I know that our group, for example, has practicing christians, jews, pagans, muslims as well as atheists and agnostics. I personally love that much of what permaculture has to offer brings us together.

In the spirit of exploration, we are happy to co-host a panel that is being convened by the Maine Pagan Clergy Association exploring permaculture and pagan traditions. That panel is being held on Friday March 22 from 7 to 9 pm at Zero Station/Resilience Hub in Portland. Flyer here.

If anyone else is interested in convening a discussion of permaculture within the context of their faith group or spiritual practice, I would extend the co-sponsorship role that The Resilience Hub can play. Feel free to get in touch.

Shannon R.
ShannonRooney
Bar Mills, ME
Post #: 48
Just a reminder that this is happening tonight - should be some really interesting discussion!