Rachel L.
Rachellyn
New Gloucester, ME
Post #: 15
Anyone interested in an Art of Hosting training?

It is a collaborative learning process for groups, and an innovative leadership skill set. Lisa and I are talking about it is a pattern and practice in social permaculture. It is design for conversations that matter! It takes a tack away from meetings as usual, you know the mechanistic, linear and rationally planned once that we are used to. Where you appreciate the planning and management of it but get frustrated but the lack of connections and the lack of creativity? AoH asks what might meetings also be if they are convened so that the wisdom and the creativity of groups of people can emerge?

It is awesome.

So, I am talking with a trainer, and a graphic facilitator about coming to Maine to train a group of about 30 as soon as April 17 and I am just curious, what people know about this and what interest levels might be.

Greg M.
user 3541854
Acton, ME
Post #: 473
Rachel, that sounds pretty great.
A former member
Post #: 97
Yes.
Loren B
user 65582502
West Rockport, ME
Post #: 3
AOH is something we value and have enjoyed doing with like-minded folks.
We'd be interested in exploring at the intersection of reskilling and permaculture
Rachel L.
Rachellyn
New Gloucester, ME
Post #: 16
yay. I am so glad to hear such positive feedback.

Yesterday I applied for a lightning grant to keep the registration fees down and have begun the process of finding a feasible space to gather for this. I will keep you all posted.

Please share what what your experience with AoH? and what is it that makes it sound great?

RL
liz b.
user 74623362
Portland, ME
Post #: 1
although I will be away April 17th, this is the type of learning that would benefit my wish to connect with people in a way that is meaningful. I have no previous experience with the Art of Hosting format but have had many opportunities to work with others organizing various events and I enjoy nothing more than gathering like minded humans together and feeding them good food....so glad so many positive things ar coming from Portland permaculture and the Resilience Hub.....
David H.
PostCarbonDesign
Oxford, ME
Post #: 477
look forward to hearing more about this workshop!
jon h.
user 18342491
Portland, ME
Post #: 22
Yes, this sounds amazing, very intrested!

Jon
Catherine S.
user 29296252
Freeport, ME
Post #: 6
Yes, I would be very interested in participating. Sounds great.
Jim M
user 8311780
Auburn, ME
Post #: 82
Interested to learn more.
Thanks!