The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Community Event Potentially of Interest to HUBbers : Mi'kmaq Elder Sharing

Community Event Potentially of Interest to HUBbers : Mi'kmaq Elder Sharing Ancient Star Teachings

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello!

My name is Leah; I had the pleasure of becoming introduced to this group through Maine Garden Day and I am looking forward to meeting all of you at various meetups soon!

In the meantime, I wanted to cordially extend an invitation to all of you to gather with myself and others to listen to ancient teachings shared by an elder of the Mi'kmaq tribe of First Peoples (native to the land between Cape Cod and Nova Scotia).

http://us4.campaign-a...­

David Lonebear Sanipass is, in part, a basketmaker, flutemaker, carpenter, master martial artist, quantum physicist, storyteller and, by birthright, Sagen (spiritual teacher) of the Mi'kmaq Nation. Maybe you have heard of Mi'kmaq - it is pronounced "Mig-a-maw" but people sometimes say "Micmac".

He is dedicated to bringing the Star Teachings, the ancient knowledge of the people who have lived here for thousands of years, to the non-native world. He asks for nothing in return for these teachings.

Please join us at either of these, or any future events (contact me for more info):

BOSTON: Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Lonebear Speaks: The Second Lesson
​The First Parish in Cambridge
3 Church Street, Harvard Square
Cambridge, MA 02138

MAINE: Monday, May 27, 2013 - 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
​Meadow Wind
100 Gray Road
Falmouth, Maine 04105

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

-Leah
A former member
Post #: 2
hello! I got a message from someone, but I can't figure out how to reply to it directly. Anyway, regarding whether "there's anything specific I need to do or bring (I saw the website re: food and also a question), or if you need help getting this set", I would like to say, thank you very much, and your presence is the only thing you need to bring! If you want to bring friends, that would be great. If you want to bring an offering for the offering basket, that will help pay for the rent for the space. Thank you sooooo much, H. I hope to see several of you there! Thank you!