The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Local Harvest Foods Week Oct 22-26

Local Harvest Foods Week Oct 22-26

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 173
Got this from the SlowFood listserv...looks like a good event, though not sure about details for all the happenings that week...

--------------------------------------­-----

looking for local foods speaker
Posted by: "karl rawstron" karlemail5@yahoo.com karlemail5
Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:11 pm (PST)
Hi All,

I'm working with the USM PIRG group and we're putting together a Local Harvest Foods Week Oct. 22-26 here at USM. We're inviting local farms to come to the campus to participate in a farmer's market we'll be staging all week. As well we will have a local foods day in the cafeteria where the caf. will prepare a breakfast, lunch and dinner option prepared wholly from locally grown foods. Throughout the week we'd like to have speakers talking about the various aspects of locally grown foods. Having some of the farmers speak immediately comes to mind but I would like to know if anyone else is interested in this kind of event and if they'd have another angle that they would like to talk about local food from. Or if anyone has any suggestions about who I may try to contact. I would appreciate it.

Just let me know if you or someone you know may be interested and we can talk more and I can try to answer any questions you may have and tell you more about the event.

Thank you,
Karl Rawstron