The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Regrarian Open Consultancy Ontario October 26-28 2013 with Darren Doherty

Regrarian Open Consultancy Ontario October 26-28 2013 with Darren Doherty

Tyler O.
TylerOmand
Greenbush, ME
Post #: 15
I am thinking of attending this session in Ontario 10/26-10/28 with Darren Doherty, anyone else want to join me for this event and we can split fuel costs from Maine (around $200-$250 dollars round trip total). The cost of the course is $345 canadian which is $334 in US dollars. I plan on camping on site.
check it out:
https://heenandoherty...­
Jesse W.
watson
Portland, ME
Post #: 19
Dude, this looks awesome!! I wish i could go. If you go, i wanna hear all about on the phone after you get back. Dig?
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,347
Tyler, would you be open to doing a teach-back evening session for the permaculture group when you get back?
Tyler O.
TylerOmand
Greenbush, ME
Post #: 16
Unfortunately because I discovered the course so last minute and Heather and I are down to one vehicle at the moment and it is a very busy time of year for us around the homestead I don't think I am going to be able to go. Also even though I have traveled many times internationally over the past few years I have an operating after suspension charge from the state of Maine from '06 that could technically deny my entry into Canada and I will not have enough time to complete the necessary paperwork to change that status with the canadian government, so very unfortunately I cant afford to risk being turned around at the border, if it was anywhere in the states I probably could have worked it out. I bought Water for Every Farm by Yeomans (incredible!! should be a subsidized mandatory course for all farmers/ land developers!)and I will study that and all the other suggested reading for the course instead and save the $800 trip cost.