The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Carpool Thread for Jan 8, 2008 Meetup in Buxton

Carpool Thread for Jan 8, 2008 Meetup in Buxton

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 206
Post here if you need or can offer a ride! Don't forget to trade phone numbers and organize your meeting time and place...it's about 30 minutes from Portland.
A former member
Post #: 39
I'd like to carpool and can meet at the park and ride in Portland. Not sure which vehicle I can use yet tho. If I drive our old truck to the park and ride, I'll need a ride but if our other car is available, I could give rides. Contact me thru the meetup site and I'll call you to figure things out. Thanks, Winnie
Ted M.
TedMarkow
Brunswick, ME
Post #: 5
I too would like to carpool, either from Freeport or Portland.

Ted
Sue M.
user 3284483
South Portland, ME
Post #: 10
I would like to carpool from Portland, preferably not drive as I have poor night vision.

Sue
A former member
Post #: 41
Sue and Penny,
Ted and I will be coming from Freeport and will pick you up at the Marginal Way park and ride in Portland around 5:30pm. Let's all chip in for gas. Please confirm (to Winnie) that you still want a ride and will meet us there. Looking forward to it! Winnie
A former member
Post #: 42
Is the park and ride on Marginal Way still there or have you been carpooling from some other spot (e.g. the skate board park)? I've never carpooled from Portland before so am wondering where people have been meeting and safely leaving their cars.

Thanks,
Winnie
Sue M.
user 3284483
South Portland, ME
Post #: 11
I don't know if it's still there. I have never met anyone there before. Last time I tried it was a construction zone and I couldn't find a way in. I almost got left behind that trip! Unsure what to say, especially with the mountains of snow in Portland right now.
Ted M.
TedMarkow
Brunswick, ME
Post #: 6
If the park n ride is no longer there (and I think Sue is right), then I suggest we meet in the Wild Oats parking lot at the spaces farthest away from the store and nearest to Marginal Way. I will be driving a dark gray Toyota Prius. Winnie and I should get there by 5:30ish.

Ted
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 211
The park-and-ride does still exist. It is across from Bally Total Fitness (on the U-Haul side of Franklin arterial). It is NOT across from Wild Oats, etc. as it used to be years ago....
Ted M.
TedMarkow
Brunswick, ME
Post #: 7
The park-and-ride does still exist. It is across from Bally Total Fitness (on the U-Haul side of Franklin arterial). It is NOT across from Wild Oats, etc. as it used to be years ago....

Thanks for the info, Lisa.

In that case...let's meet at the park and ride as first discussed.

Ted