The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Plants to Share or Plants in Need

Plants to Share or Plants in Need

David H.
PostCarbonDesign
Oxford, ME
Post #: 286
This thread will serve as a plant classifieds area...
looking for something, have extras to share...list it here!
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 61
My wants list:

low and highbush blueberry
elderberry
raspberry
blackberry
strawberry
comfrey
various fruit trees (apple, pear, peach, etc)

Have:
Daylily seedlings, 2-3 months old, and they will not flower until next year, so anybody's guess as to habit and flower. I have seedlings from around 40 different daylily crosses, though

pepper seedlings (not started 100% organically, though, as the potting soil is Miracle Grow), but I have a dozen or so varieties growing.

tomato seedlings (hopefully, if these germinate and grow!)
I may have some other seedlings, like marjoram and lemon balm also.
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 108
I have some wild blackberry, raspberry, some various trees, bushes etc.

David
A former member
Post #: 103
I noticed that there is comfrey growing out by the barn so I will have that to share. And as mentioned plenty of raspberries and at least a "starter" plant of blackberries. I will list herbs I will most likely have as I know that gardeners are working on their wish lists right now and I suppose end up like I always have, they go into shock when they add the cost column up - and need to attempt to trim down their orders.

mint and perhaps orange mint
oregano
feverfew
"everlasting onions"
bee balm
bed straw (clevers)

Perhaps there is more. My garden was not cared for properly last year and I moved up here to Alna, so I'm not sure what I've got left.

An excellent "Earl Grey" tea can be made with loose black tea and bee balm. Raspberry makes a tea surprisingly similar to black tea and I'm going to try that combination next summer.

I ordered quite a few trees from the Arbor Day Foundation, web site here:
http://arborday.org/s...­
They were small but cheap and you can get free trees as a bonus for joining. I'm not sure if it is too late to order though...

My friend Sue always has a lot of extra plants also. I'll talk to her and see what she's got. I know in years past she's had a lot of extra echinacea and some hyssop.
Tree
user 4058763
Hollis Center, ME
Post #: 30
OH Mary,

I'd love some Ecinacea!

Tree
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 63
Mary, what are everlasting onions?
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 64
Mary, I have been tempted to buy some trees from arborfoundation also. However, for the size trees they ship thry seem a little pricey. Even so, I am tempted to buy some small fruit trees from them and supplement those with some larger trees from local nurseries or FEDco.

6 of 1, half dozen of t'other I suppose.

Anyone else have thoughts on fruit tree subject....where to purchase, etc??
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 110
Stark Bros. has been good for me. Last year they sent a free peach tree for a $100 order. They have replaced plants that did not work out in the past. They delivered at a good time too.
A former member
Post #: 67
Mark,
I have Egyptian onions. They are perennial and readily multiply by 'walking' in a line in your patch. You need to be careful where you plant them because they are vigorous and can take over. I use them like scallions but also eat the bulbs which get to be an inch or so round. They are no fuss and you are welcome to some if you'd like.

Winnie
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 290
Winnie - I would love to get some Egyptian onions from you...