The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › PowerPOD for Camp, Cabin, Guest House, Etc

PowerPOD for Camp, Cabin, Guest House, Etc

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 487
I don't see pricing info (which is probably for the best), but it's interesting to see a "modular-yet-sustainable" approach to these types of structures. I can see a work-at-home person dropping one of these units in the backyard as a home office / guest house, for example. One to watch, anyway! I wonder how they compare (both on initial price and cost-to-operate) with the FEMA trailers that get dropped post-crisis.

http://www.powerhouse...­
Merry & Burl H.
BeMerry
Portland, ME
Post #: 65
Brilliant! I've played around designing a green modular. They've got me beat, hands down. Lisa, You think on a different economic level than I live on. I can see Burl and me living in one of these.

Merry
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 490
Oh - absolutely, Merry! Not just for "camps" etc. I lived in my van and then a yurt for quite a while and I am way in favor of "small is beautiful" (and just darn practical, too).