francesco s.
user 3227838
Portland, ME
Post #: 25
We're looking for a Portland supplier of organic eggs, besides the Farmer's Market. We had someone bring fresh eggs to Portland for most of the year and she recently stopped.
A former member
Post #: 99
Hi Francesco,
I will have organic eggs once my chickens start laying, probably in Oct. but how to get them to you is a question. Sadly, I won't be able to take yoga on Wed. after this session due to the timing of my preschool so that eliminates me regularly bringing them down from Freeport. Any ideas?

Winnie
Beth
BethRich
Cape Elizabeth, ME
Post #: 6
Broadturn Farm in Scarborough has organic eggs from their own hens. http://www.broadturnf...­
Hope this helps
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 505
Jordan's Farm in Cape Eliz carries eggs from free-ranging, anti-biotic/hormone-free chickens (Cape and Scarborough sources), but they're not certified organic. I can attest to the fact that they are very delicious eggs. They also carry local cheeses and other dairy products. I believe they will be adding natural grass-fed Maine beef as well.
francesco s.
user 3227838
Portland, ME
Post #: 27
Thank you for the replies. You're all so great! I'm proud to know all of you! Distance matters because of obvious reasons. I think I'll check out Jordan's. We tried Broadturn but it was too far for my liking.

Susannah is telling me the noise of chickens is what keeps them away from Portland. I guess motorcycles, barking dogs, noisy cars and trucks are ok for the soul, but not chickens! Chicken soup? Yeah, that's ok. I hope people don't decide to get rid of the noisy crows. Oh, I have an idea: we'll dress our rooster and chickens in crow costumes!

I couldn't take care of them anyway. I love birds, but because of seeing dead birds on the beach and Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds at an early age, I have ornithophobia to a degree to which no therapist has been able to undo. I think it's the unblinking bird eyes that freak me out. That's my confessional for the day.
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 510
Francesco - Haha! I was totally traumatized by that scene in the attic (from "The Birds") when I was about 5 years old!!! I'm mostly over it, but still working on being comfortable with birds. Have kept chickens and turkeys in the past. Chickens were much easier to have a relationship with:)