The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › group garlic order?

group garlic order?

zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 225
Hi all, I'm getting ready to place my fall garlic order and wanted to let folks know to see if anyone is interested in a group order for bulk pricing. I may order from Fedco since, so far, I have orders for 7-8lbs, which would get me to a 5% discount level.

Mark-
Susannah
user 3832381
Portland, ME
Post #: 61
Yes, Mark - we're interested!
Beth
BethRich
Cape Elizabeth, ME
Post #: 10
I'd be interested, as well.
Beth
Tree
user 4058763
Hollis Center, ME
Post #: 61
Hi All,

Here is the Fedco site for those interested. I'm happy with their small number of varieties because I only really want porcelains, but you all might want more options:
http://www.fedcoseeds...­

thanks,
Tree
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 227
OK, I'd really like to support local companies, but I've also found a place on the web that has very good prices on their garlic, and a nice selection of ardnecks and softnecks.

Currently I have interet, with my amount included of 6-8 lbs.

Here is the place I've found.

http://www.charleysfa...­

Charley's Farm

The majority of interest is in porcelains, and I am also going to order either 1/2 or 1 lb quantity of Siberian as it is supposed to have higher levels of Allicin.
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 228
I forgot to mention....

I'd like to get the order placed by te end of the weekend, so please message me wat you'd like me to order and how much.

Rates excluding shipping run around 11.50-12.50/lb, except the medium bulb option which nearly cutsthe price in half, BUT would mean the garlic grown wouldlikely be smaller also.

So I need the following:

Garlic varieties
Quantity for each variety
Choice of medium bulbs or large bulbs

There is also a mixed bag option if anyone wants to try a variety, with each variety labeled.

Here's were I hope to make this worth peoples' while:

If two people each want a 1/2 lb of a garlic, we pay the 1lb price and divide the garlic for each person.
Shipping should also be much more reasonable for everyone as I'l divide the total shipping price by the total weight ordered and use that ratio.

Thanks all!!!

Mark-
Susannah
user 3832381
Portland, ME
Post #: 67
Hey Mark...are you going with Charley's Farm or Fedco? We've got our Fedco order ready to give you if you're going with them...if not, that's okay - we have an allegiance to Fedco, and will stick to them.
zengeos
zengeos
Gorham, ME
Post #: 233
Susanna, I am indeed leaning toward ordering from CharleysFarm. An advantage is they specialize in Garlic as their primary organic crop. Plus, of course, their much larger selection of garlics. I'll be e-mailing them Monday with an order, and, unless shipping is outrageous, will go forward with an order from them.

I'' be doing a significant seed order from FEDco for next year. I need to have far more beets and carrots than I had this year for my mid-season and late plantings! Hopefully someone will arrange a group seed order from them also.
francesco s.
user 3227838
Portland, ME
Post #: 29
Susannah and I are going w/ Fedco, thank you. If we order before Aug. 8th we get a 5% discount.
A former member
Post #: 101
Susannah, I'll go with Fedco too or else buy from Mark Fulford at the Common Ground Fair. I could give you my order on Wednesday if it would help to get a bigger discount. Let me know.

Winnie