There will not be a specific meetup table or spot. Just one big group of people from several different meetup groups and facebook friends coming together for a day of salsa fun.
Everyone is invited. We mean everyone! The only goal here is to have a little salsa fun and give some salsa community support to a worthy cause, the Oregon Food Bank. So grab your family and friends and/or come make some new ones.
What to do if you want to attend
1. Bring a food item for the potluck*
2. Bring a food item to donate to the Oregon Food Bank
3. Show up ready to have a good time
*BYO (bring your own) non alcoholic drinks
Blue Lake Regional Park - Celilo shelter (near the swim beach)
20500 NE Marine Drive
There is a $5 per car admittance fee, so car carpooling would be a great idea.
-A reserved shelter with table seating for 120
-A large grassy are for blankets
-A dance floor and DJ salsa music
-A sand volleyball court
-A large play structure for the kids. A spray (water) playground and a swimming beach near the shelter.
This is a potluck event so please bring a dish or dessert to share. Be sure to bring your own drinks.
This is the perfect opportunity to come together as a group and pay something forward to others who are struggling to feed themselves and their families on a daily basis. If everyone brings a food donation for the Oregon Food Bank, this day of fun could also serve to help others in need of a little help.
Items on the food banks most wanted listed include
• canned meats (i.e., tuna, chicken, salmon)
• canned and boxed meals (i.e., soup, chili, stew, macaroni)
• peanut butter and other nut butters
• canned or dried beans and peas (i.e., black, pinto, lentils)
• pasta, rice, cereal
• canned fruits and vegetables
• 100 percent fruit or vegetable juice (canned, plastic or boxed)
• cooking oil shelf-stable milk
To learn more about the Oregon Food Bank check out their website at www.oregonfoodbank.org