addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

SF *Brazilian* Portuguese Language (and dancing!) Meetups Message Board › Movie Night: Lula, Son of Brazil - Wed Feb 8 at 7pm

Movie Night: Lula, Son of Brazil - Wed Feb 8 at 7pm

Luciana
StSmartBrazil
Oakland, CA
Movie: Lula, Son of Brazil
Directed by Fábio Barreto (Brazil, 2009)

Free admission

Brazil's submission to the 2011 Academy Awards chronicles the arduous transformation of a penniless child of the slums to a man on the brink of greatness. Adapted from Denise Parana's biography of the same name, "Lula, Son of Brazil" is a tribute to Luis Inácio Lula da Silva, who rose from the poverty of northeastern Brazil to become president of the world's fifth most populous nation. 130 minutes. Portuguese with English subtitles.

Wednesday, February 8, 7:00 pm
141 McCone Hall, UC Berkeley

This is on the north side of Campus. You can enter by Hearst Ave and Euclides Ave. Follow Haviland Road. Please consult Google Maps as it can be confusing to find your way on campus.

When and Where to meet me:

I will be at the coffee shop Brewed Awakening at 1807 Euclid Ave, Berkeley @ 6pm. From there it is a 5-minute walk to McCone Hall. We will head to the movie place at 6:30pm.

The movie is at 7pm.

I look forward to this movie night with you!