addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

New York City PostgreSQL User Group Message Board › Export of Postgres to JSON

Export of Postgres to JSON

Anson A.
user 3309532
New York, NY
Post #: 5
I recall someone mentioning there being an export utility, where you can export out Postgres tables to JSON format. Anyone know of that util? Anyone know of util, that will export postgres tables to HDFS (besides sqoop), that's in JSON format?
Jim M.
user 11892700
Brick, NJ
Post #: 3
How do you want to get at the data? If you are running it through a script, you can use psql to get it as HTML and then you can just transform it to JSON. It should be pretty easy to create the JSON out of the metadata from a result set.
Anson A.
user 3309532
New York, NY
Post #: 6
straight connect to table and export out to JSON, where no conversion is needed from the data set, unless there's a said export utility that does this. But to do what you're saying, which is what i was thinking @ the time, requires an extra step, to convert from HTML to JSON. I was hoping to avoid that extra step, and just pulling it out into straight json format (from either psql, ems, etc..).