addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Prague Spring, NYC Chapter Message Board › Mosque on Park Place

Mosque on Park Place

Dyutiman D.
user 2964657
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 67
From Olberman to Hannity everyone is talking about the proposed mosque on Park Place. Big debate on free speech and freedom of religion and hurt feelings and what not. I thought it would be amusing to throw a wrench into the works.

How would the different parties react if say the NYT (they'd never dare, so how about the NY Post, Zuckerman might be up for it) decided to print the Danish cartoons of Mohammad as a suicide bomber on their front page? Would the group behind the mosque be supporting NYT's freedom of speech or try to emulate the depicted suicide bomber? Or would they be basically talking about the same hurt feelings and what not that Gingrich and Palin and now vomiting?

Where would Zakaria or Bloomberg stand? Would they suddenly start appreciating why some people might be upset? I need to Sure would have been interesting. So I looked up, here's Zakaria on the Danish cartoons:

"Among those consulted by Yale who advised against publishing the cartoons was Fareed Zakaria, the Newsweek international edition editor, who is a member of the Yale Corporation. Zakaria told me in an interview that "to revisit the same issue, to pick at the same wounds, it struck me as a fairly strong likelihood that it would be pounced upon by demagogues, phony religious leaders, who are perverting the religion. They would use it to draw battle lines. I think the university made the decision that better to weather a little controversy about whether it drew the line right than to deal with the consequences of their actions leading to 20, 40, 60 or more dead in an international political incident."

Hypocrisy all around.