This group is for Moms in Prairie Village and the surrounding areas who are looking to meet other Moms going through the same triumphs and trials of raising kids. We are here to meet, hang out and have fun together!
First let us start off by saying how awesome we think this group is - in the past year and a half since we started this group, we've made lots of great friends and had so much fun hanging out with all of you. This has truly served the purpose we intended: to get us out of the house and to give our kids an opportunity to socialize. The organizers got together a few days ago to discuss ways to continue to make this group successful as the membership grows and as we approach the winter months. We came up with the following new guidelines to help us all utilize the group to it's best ability.
1. In order to keep the group to a manageable size and ensure members can continue to make a meaningful connection with other women, we've decided to limit the number of members to around 50.
2. Members will need to attend one event every 60 days. After 60 days if you haven't been to an event you will be removed from the group. This is not meant to punish anyone, but to make sure that if you're occupying one of the 50 spots in our group that you're actually taking advantage of the events. If you're not able to attend events, perhaps someone else might enjoy that opportunity.
3. Each member will be allowed four no-shows in a year before they are removed from the group. If you RSVP "yes" to an event and don't change your RSVP before the event starts (or before the ability to RSVP closes - please pay attention to that) you will be counted as a no-show. This is primarily to maintain good-will in the group. This winter we will be having a lot of playdates at womens' houses, and because we have so many members, likely most of them will be limited to a certain number of RSVP's. It's only fair that if you're taking up one of those RSVP spots, you actually attend the event. This is particularly important when ladies are providing lunch, when there's a wait list, and for Mom's Nights when we're either waiting for you at a restaurant or counting on you for a dish. If you can't make it, please change your RSVP so someone else can attend or we don't wonder where you are. Of course, this is less important when we meet at places like the zoo or Wonderscope. To alleviate this issue, you will have the option to RSVP "maybe" to large group events that aren't at someone's house. If you RSVP "maybe" and don't show up, you won't be counted as a no-show. Along the same lines, if you RSVP "maybe" and you're going to be late, please call someone because we probably won't wait longer than 10 minutes for members to show up.
4. Fifty members at $12/member is going to result in a lot of money! After Megan has re-couped her cost of maintaining the site, the remaining dues will be used to pay for parties or crafts at certain events (like the Thanksgiving party). These events will not have a limit on attendance. As long as we're speaking of dues - they're due October 1st. Please pay one of the organizers (listed at the bottom of this email) before then. If we haven't received your dues by then, you'll not be allowed to attend events until we do. After 30 days, you'll be removed from the group.
- If you are removed from the group for one of the above reasons or if you leave the group voluntarily, you forfeit your membership dues.
Thank you so much for being a part of this great group of ladies (and for reading this long email. :) We look forward to another year of fun!
Megan, Sara, Erica, Stacy, Kelsey, and Jessica